Where is View_50_List.xml file for Kodi Estuary skin?

Hi, please, cannot find the file View_50_List.xml for Kodi Estuary skin like I can find on my PC. I need to edit movie lists to show genres like here between titles (dont care about other differencies).

I want to do it for myself but maybe you would like to integrate the change into CE, I already have the solution.

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/View_50_List.xml

It’s in the read only section of the filesystem. You can create a copy of the whole skin folder and place it in the Addons SMB share, then change the files however you want and restart Kodi.

1 Like

is this ok?

[usr skin.estuary]
path = /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary

Probably the last needs to modify in the file “samba.conf.sample”, right?

But the problem is that these new lines are not there after a restart.

So how to replace the corrected file View_50_List.xml?

No, make a copy of the skin folder, and place is in Addons. Then you can edit whatever you want from there.

Sove I’ve done this:

mkdir /storage/skin.estuary
cp -r “/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml/” /storage/skin.estuary
mount -o bind /storage/skin.estuary/xml /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml

and changed the file View_50_List.xml. But any update does not replace the file to the original state acc to the Kodi default. So is it because I’ve locked the file so an update couldn’t have replace the file or an update has not replaced the file because it has not been necessary? Is this solution OK?

Copy whole folder /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary to /storage/.kodi/addons and change whatever file you want. No need to use mount bind. After kodi restart you will see changes in action.

Updates don’t change “user_skin” files in storage/.kodi/addons

ok, but could you explain me why that? It means CE will switch to the /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary and “forgets” the default skin?

My solution works for me of course but Im asking if it does not break future updates.

so it is not good

If there is newer addon it will overwrite your changes. To prevent that you can rename addon to different name and select that from kodi settings. Or make changes again after update.

Oh, I understand now. Kodi does not care about Estuary updates. It is an addon that is managed independently despite it is made by Kodi team.

Yes, my original Estuary is renamed to EstuaryV1, and it survives all updates.

1 Like

Can I make a copy of /usr/share/kodi/system/library folder to other location where Can I Edit them?

I want to edit the /usr/share/kodi/system/library/video/movies - actors.xml and genres.xml files. But Is denied

I´ve done what I needed using: cp -r /usr/share/kodi/system/library /storage/.kodi/userdata/

And the changes are visible in Kodi?

1 Like

Yes… Its working! Ive made some skin changes, created some custom “tv shows” and “movies” that I wanted to separate from regular Movies and TV Shows. Everything was working fine, unless those “widgets” above (recently added, genres, titles, actors…), cause they were showing everything together. I wanted to edit the library folder and I couldn´t because it was under “system” folder. Doing that, I´ve “changed” the library location (I think thats what happen when you use custom nodes) to userdata folder, where I can edit them.

I don´t know if it is the right or easiest way to do that, but worked for me

Sorry for my poor english! If u need more details, just ask!

Cheers!

1 Like