❓ Which DTB do I use?

You was right. 3x Transcend micro-SD A2 brand new and they were all bad when using on Lunux, On windows with exFat no issues. Now is running fine with the old good Mixza SD card.

1 Like

Hi adziski. Sorry to hear that it was issue with those new cards, but I’m glad It’s been figured out. Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Hello,

Which device tree can be used for Inphic Spot i7 ?

It is Amlogic s905, 1 G, 1 Gbit

I’ve been using Libreelec in a few years with Kodi 17 but now cannot find any image for Kodi 18 for this device.

Already tried from the “device tree” forlder, whenever it refers to “p200”, 1 G and 1 GBit in the file name, but without success. The USB drive is slowly blinking when starting TV box, “inphic” logo is shown on the screen, and nothing happens. Waited for about 20 minutes.

Hello All,

In reading through this particular thread and looking at the dtb images I kept seeing reference to p200, p212, etc and did not quite know which was which.

I stumbled across this list at freaktab and thought I would share it with everyone in hopes it may help others when hunting and pecking for which dtb to try.

@TheCoolest I did not see anything like this list in the forum anywhere. hope I am not stepping on toes :slight_smile:

@kostaman that is the list of available dtb’s yes. The list i have shared shows the ref board number and that boards specs … which would help somebody choose the correct dtb…just extra info. Like the difference between q200 and q201 is the wifi chip, both are s912,2g,1000

WiFi chip is not what identifies a board.

CoreELEC needs your hardware SOC and Ethernet Speed…
In order to identify what DTB.IMG to use.

That list could probably do with being updated?
I don’t see any S905x3 entries there for example.

T95 S1, Amlogic S905W, 2G 16G

First of all: big thanks to the coreelec-team - you made an excellent job!

Here is the configuration for my box:

CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.1-Generic.img.gz
Device Tree: gxl_p281_2g

IR remote: T95S1:

table T95S1, type: NEC

0x140 KEY_POWER
0x155 KEY_STOP # TV Control - Power
0x159 KEY_PLAYPAUSE # TV Control - Set
0x158 KEY_INFO # TV Control - TV In
0x157 KEY_PREVIOUS # TV Control - Vol-
0x156 KEY_NEXT # TV Control - Vol+
0x143 KEY_RED
0x10f KEY_GREEN
0x110 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
0x118 KEY_VOLUMEUP
0x111 KEY_HOME
0x119 KEY_BACK
0x116 KEY_UP
0x151 KEY_LEFT
0x113 KEY_ENTER
0x150 KEY_RIGHT
0x11a KEY_DOWN
0x14c KEY_MENU
0x100 KEY_EPG
0x14e KEY_1
0x10d KEY_2
0x10c KEY_3
0x14a KEY_4
0x109 KEY_5
0x108 KEY_6
0x146 KEY_7
0x105 KEY_8
0x104 KEY_9
0x141 KEY_REWIND
0x101 KEY_0
0x142 KEY_FASTFORWARD
Note: I wanted to have media-control buttons.
So I made new definitons for the TV Control part, mouse, mute and backspace.
The commands are listed in the order of the buttons.

VFD
I installed OpenVFD addon and spend a lot of time in trying every *.conf of the vfd-configurations-master.zip - no success.
Then I took away the addon, tried again and got the clock-signal with t95m-s905-vfd.conf.
After that I reinstalled OpenVFD addon and could add the icons and even dim.

So, after all, the result is a perfect box.

A95X Plus S905Y2 4/32gb funhouse builds working wifi/ bt with g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb

Hey, has anyone gotten an uncorex 4k v1.0 to work. it’s a 905D box with 2/8 and internal sat tuner. i don’t need the tuner, i just want to get kodi up and running.

edit:

–> gxl_p231_2g_dvb <–

seems to work fine (in case anyone is searching too). there was little to no information to be found in the interwebs. probably the same box as XORO HST 260 S. on initial testing the uncorex runs pretty smooth from sd. better than my mini m8s II in any case.

Installation instructions @ https://coreelec.org/ (when you click the Download tab) say to use the DTB called g12b_a311d_odroid_n2 for an Odroid N2. This is a typo? That file does not exist in the /device_trees folder after burning CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.1-Odroid_N2.img.gz

The instructions may be a bit old and the file was since renamed.
It should still end with ordroid_n2.

1 Like

g12b_s922x_odroid_n2.dtb is the right name, but IIRC for N2 it’s not necessary to copy and rename that file, since proper dtb.img for N2 already exists in root folder after the -ng 9.2.1 image is burned to uSD/eMMC card…

1 Like

OK thanks for info.

Next problem of mine… when I flash to a USB drive, all is well, Windows shows the drive as the two partitions and the COREELEC partition can be browsed as expected. However, when I flash to a microSD card (I’ve tried 2 different ones), the card becomes unreadable in a PC, and despite Rufus saying the flash went fine, in my N2 only the red light comes on, no blue light, nothing on screen. This is an extra microSD card I am trying to set up to test nightlies, I already have a working microSD card that came with the N2 for my daily usage. The cards I’m trying are 32GB class 4 microSDHC cards. Card really needs to be class 10 as per instructions? Maybe the cards are damaged, I’ll buy a new one. They seem to behave OK when formatted for use on the PC.

Flash uSD cards with Etcher.

1 Like

Thanks I tried it… flash succeeds OK, but I get the same problem: when I re-insert the uSD card Windows (10) errors with “You need to format the disk in Drive D: before you can use it.”

I think I need to buy a new uSD card.

Try using Low level format to put zero’s on the drive, it will also show up errors

http://www.lowlevelformat.info/using-lowvel.aspx

1 Like

That is a “perfectly normal Windows behavior:slight_smile: Just IGNORE that message and open Coreelec partition of uSD, that is your root partition containing all necessary startup files

1 Like

There is no COREELEC partition to open. I’m guessing this is bad: