X96 Max+ and ceemmc -x failure

Hello,

I’m having an issue with installing Coreelec to internal storage of my S905x3 device. System boots up from the USB drive but when I’m trying to run ceemmc -x command from SSH console I get the following error:

eMMC size: 0x000000000000 [0GB]
Error opening file for reading '/dev/reserved'!
Failed to read original partition table!

I have untouched Android installed currently on MMC. I tried both Rufus and LibreElec USB tool on different nightlies and with both 1Gb and 100Mb DTB’s. And I followed this procedure on another S905x3 box two weekes ago and everything went fine. Now I’m stuck. Is there anything else I could try?

Can you type this two command in ssh console and wrote back the result?

ls -l /sys/block/
mount

Please also provide a copy of your dmesg.

dmesg|paste

Thank you for your reactions. Here are the outputs you requested:

TVBox:~ # ls -l /sys/block/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Apr  3 06:26 loop0 -> ../devices/virtual/block/loop0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Apr  3 06:26 loop1 -> ../devices/virtual/block/loop1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Apr  3 06:26 loop2 -> ../devices/virtual/block/loop2
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Apr  3 06:26 loop3 -> ../devices/virtual/block/loop3
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Apr  3 06:26 loop4 -> ../devices/virtual/block/loop4
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Apr  3 06:26 loop5 -> ../devices/virtual/block/loop5
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Apr  3 06:26 loop6 -> ../devices/virtual/block/loop6
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Apr  3 06:26 loop7 -> ../devices/virtual/block/loop7
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             0 Sep  3  2019 sda -> ../devices/platform/ff500000.dwc3/xhci-hcd.0.auto/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0/host0/target0:0:0/0:0:0:0/block/sda
TVBox:~ # mount
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1958832k,nr_inodes=489708,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /flash type vfat (ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/loop0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/sda2 on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup2 on /sys/fs/cgroup/unified type cgroup2 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
bpf on /sys/fs/bpf type bpf (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/debug type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,debug)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)

And the dmesg:
http://ix.io/2grT

Hello,

I have similar problem in same device:

##############################################
#                  CoreELEC                  #
#            https://coreelec.org            #
##############################################

CoreELEC (official): 9.2.2 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
X96Max:~ # ceemmc -vx

Starting CoreELEC eMMC installation tool...

System is not supported: sm1_s905x3_2g!

There is NO official support by Team CoreELEC
if you continue to run this tool!
Continue? [y]: y
Folder for block device '/sys/block/mmcblk0/size' not found!
Failed to read eMMC size! Exit!

Regards.

Hi,
So have I!
I did it a month ago dual boot Android/CE on internal => No prob.
I just updated to 9.2.2 stable from 9.2.1 nightly on my SD Card, then tried the following:

KODI-X3:~ # ceemmc -x

Starting CoreELEC eMMC installation tool…

System is not supported: sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit!

Folder for block device ‘/sys/block/mmcblk0/size’ not found!

Looks like I implemented a small bug…

I fixed the issue. Please download 9.2.2 again!

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you.
I downloaded and installed it again and it worked!

1 Like

Hi i’ve the same problem, i try to instal corelec 9.2.2 stable & nightly
burned usb with rufus & sd card same issue .
i have a X88 PRO X3 Amlogic S905X3 4GB RAM 32GB ROM 5G WIFI bluetooth 4.1 8K Android 9.0 TV Box - EU from banggood.

CoreELEC (official): 9.2.2 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # ceemmc -x

Starting CoreELEC eMMC installation tool…

System is not supported: sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit!

Parameter for block device ‘mmcblk0’ not found: ‘/sys/block/mmcblk0/size’

Please read previous comment before post:

No, this is already the new version Parameter for block device ‘mmcblk0’...
It just looks the device does not have eMMC storage. Maybe NAND.

yes i did that serval times today , i tryed the non 1gig version and with the ceemmc -vx command it installed ! but black screen when rebooting. so i downloaded again en burn usb again with sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dbt starting in live usb agian shh into openelec but same error. i pulling my hair out.

Can you post url you get by command
ls -l /dev/ | paste

http://ix.io/2iad

Is there some Android firmware to be downloaded?

there was android 9 on it. i have not made back up of it now i wish i did :frowning: it won’t boot from emmc/nand after i instal coreelec 9.2.2 with the worng dtb

How did you install CE on it anyway?

i go to coreelec site with the download helper > stable version>choose device s905x3>download>burn the img on usb stick with rufus > choose the s905x3 4gb 1gig dtb. change the name to dtb.img>put the usb stick i usb port >with the button in the AV port push in apply power holding button until i saw coreelec logo on the tv.>testing everything works what i need it to work turn ssh on> shh with putty to the box > login root & password > command ceemmc and ceemmc -x

I’m confused because you are writing that install with ceemmc doesn’t work for you.