X96 Max+ (S905X3) - Widevine CMD library not work

Hi Can you help ? I bought New 3pcs of this boxes X96 Max plus with 4Gb ram 64Gb rom ver. cpu (S905X3)

I have problem with Widevine support in plugin - InputStream Helper
When click (RE)instal Widevine CMD library start download progress Chrome OS recovery image 3.1Gb
After that start Extracting Widevine CDM and while Uncompressing image proces every time get error.

When I reboot to eMMC (original) android 9Pie and start Kodi Widevine works. :frowning:
I using latest CE Stable 9.2.2

First welcome to the forum.

If I am reading things it sounds as if you are trying to use a functionality from a different OS and thinking that it will work with CoreELEC, which is rarely the case.

Is there a specific process that you want to work that does not with CE?

What error do you get and why do you click Reinstall Widevine ? There is no need for that if you already have Widevine installed, just select No when InputStream Helper offers to reinstall it.

Btw, to reinstall Widevine via InputStream Helper you must have ample space for Chrome Os recovery file to download and to be extracted so that Widevine lib can be copied to your system.

From what device and what size are you running CoreElec, USB or uSD card ?

Had the same problem. InputStream Helper 0.4.6 contains unicode decoding bug.

Applying this helped me:

Probably downgrade to 0.4.5 also solves this.

Hi there I found solution for that problem. Thanks :blush:

If you can not play the video. Then there is with your browser’s widevine plugin. This happens when the plugin does not updates with the latest version.

How to fix Widevine Content Decryption Module update error

1. Update your plugin.
  2. Enable Widevine Content Decryption Module.
  3. Reinstall the Widevine Content Decryption Module.
  4. Try to give full permission to Widevine Content Decryption Module.

I found this amazing way to fix Widevine Content Decryption Module.