X96 MAX+ vs coreelec

Hi,
I stuck. I bought a x96 MAX PLUS, I’d like to install the CoreELEC to it. 1. I download the image form coreelec.org, this: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.5-Generic.img.gz, unzipped with 7zip
2. Burn the CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.5-Generic.img to a 32 GB MicroSD card. Cpoy sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb to the root and rename it to dtb.img. After that copy remote.conf to the root as well.
3. I put the card to the off stated box, push and hold reser button in the AV hole and put it under power. waiting one and a hlaf minutes but nothing happens, I see the x96 logo on my TV but nothing else.
4. I download the “Reboot to LibreElec” app and try with that, but after I send “OK” the screen turns black and stuck. I can see the time on the front of the box.
5. I tried another way, I put an empty test.zip to the card and brows it to update application, it rebboted and I can see the recovery manu with a big fail in the middle of the screen.

What can I spoil?
Has anyone seen this before?

TY

I have X96 Max Plus and I really don’t have any problem with it (either you bought a cheated box or you are doing something wrong)

I use Rufus to mount an image and it always works too (It does not unpack img.gz files)

As above . Use Rufus to mount image.
Do not unzip file.

TY, but I’ve a hw problem, my LAN is not GB just only 100MB :frowning:

Bad luck. However unless you watch a lot of 4k content you won’t notice any difference.

Shoog

Any luck? I have the same problem

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.