Zap2epg Error

I use zap2epg to get my guide data for TVHeadend. The author (edit4ever) seems to have gone MIA. The add-on still works. It schedules recordings and does everything it is supposed to do. I can enter the settings, etc. However I get an error message to check the log when I try to run it. Below is what is in the Kodi log file:

2024-04-14 14:44:32.288 T:6607 error : EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class ‘AttributeError’>
Error Contents: module ‘xbmc’ has no attribute ‘translatePath’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.zap2epg/default.py”, line 34, in
userdata = xbmc.translatePath(xbmcaddon.Addon().getAddonInfo(‘profile’))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: module ‘xbmc’ has no attribute ‘translatePath’
–>End of Python script error report<–

2024-04-14 14:44:32.469 T:6605 error : GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.module.zap2epg/
2024-04-14 14:44:32.479 T:3719 error : CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://script.module.zap2epg/) failed

I’m CoreELEC 20.2 and have been afraid to do any updates since I’m concerned that if I break it I won’t be able to set it up again. The script was last updated on May 25, 2021 (v2.0.3).

Anyone know what is going on?

Link to script:

You can make a backup and try one of the forks. I saw one updated 3 months ago with some changes to fix that error.

OK, I figured out how to see the different forks (that WASN’T intuitive). Any suggestions on which fork to try? I can’t figure out how to determine what was changed in the different forks.

Also, I have a complete CoreELEC backup .tar file that I just made using the backup feature in CoreELEC. Is that sufficient or should I backup certain folders separately?

Thanks

Edit: OK, it looks like a few of the forks have the change. I’m thinking of going with the one from hagartyoh since he took the time for the most documentation of the change.

Also, can I just reinstall over the over the old script or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall? Or perhaps just replace the old default.py with the revised default.py?

I have a related question. Do you think I would I be better off sticking with CoreELEC 20.2 or upgrading to 21.0?
CoreELEC is running on a Ugoos X3. I only use this box as a TVHeadend backend. The only other problem I have is that Comskip often has buffer overflow errors. I didn’t have the problem a couple of years ago. I was hoping that something crept in that would be resolved in a future update.

As an update for anyone else with this problem I changed “userdata = xbmc” to “userdata = xbmcvfs” in line 34 of the default.py file and it fixed the problem. That is what the forks that addressed this problem appeared to do.

I upgrade from CoreELEC 20.2 to 20.5 and everything seems to be working correctly so far. I’ll use this for a while to make sure any problems haven’t crept in and then try updating to 21.0 unless someone knows of a reason I should avoid updating to Omega for my situation.