19.0-Matrix Discussion

I updated the issue over at the Kodi github as pretty sure, looking at the changeset, it just needs to be the same fix used further down in the code to make it also look for double refresh / 3:2 pulldown when using the ‘desktop’ resolution…

I think it likely that would will fix the issue.

1 Like

Ok, waiting for TK reply… It looks like they forgot the part you mentioned.

In this build, bluetooth audio does not work for me with my S905X (bluetooth remote does work).

ce-debug here: http://ix.io/2Sgj

Let me know what other information you need.

Ok so TK have updated that PR with the changes suggested.

It’s it possible to get that into a nightly so I can try it out?

(Or is that basically automatic as the PR has been updated?)

@boot2k3: Thanks for your advice. I’ve had resolution issues at times, but since I’ve removed all the resolutions entries from guisettings CE19.0 works absolutely flawlessly.

1 Like

No, it’s not automatically.
Portisch updated this patch for you.
You can test it in next nightly build as it will be ready.

1 Like

Thanks, very much appreciated (and @Portisch!)

Hey, if you haven’t solved this already, I think I have your solution.
Install the Locale add-on from the CoreELEC Add-on repository. It’s located under Services.

@Portisch
With the introduction of python3 in Kodi Matrix, and it’s possible usage of different encoding schemes throughout, is this something that might possibly be merged into the base system?

Happy to confirm I have just tried the nightly from the 10th and this indeed does solve the issue.

Many thanks all!

Not sure what the flow is from here, in terms of that actually going in to Kodi? But I’d keep this patch in until such as time as that happen!

3 Likes

I’m getting quite a few regular sound dropouts through bluetooth.

Every time it happens, the following is shown in the log

T:5639 ERROR : Sink Timer expired for more than buffer time: 354l

I think that it started after updated to CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.0-Matrix_nightly_20210304 but is also present in 20210308 and 20210310

Occasionally the sound just stops and after about 20 seconds or so the connection will be lost and then automatically connected again, resulting in the log showing a small list of large audio sync errors

T:31879 WARNING : ActiveAE - large audio sync error

Before I create a fresh install to test I wondered if it may be something already known about or with a quick setting mod fix.

I upgraded Coreelec from 9.2.6 to 19.0 matrix. After rebooting the addons are migrating. On the first screen it says some addon aren’t compatible. After that the Coreelec is crashing and rebooting. I added the log info. Is the C4 not fully compatible with this new version?

http://ix.io/2Slb

C4 is compatible.
But you have a lot of banned addons. No support with piracy addons. Make a clean install.

I’ll post an update to this just in case anybody else has a similar issue. I merely upgraded the Amlogic firmware on the S905x2 boxes to the latest I could find (20191223 Android 9.0). I used the Amlogic burning tool method.

This fixed the CEC problems I was having. So all boxes running great using Kodi Matrix 19. Kudos to all involved!

1 Like

Hi, where can I see the list of banned addons in CE forum?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

1 Like

Yep I know what is in the Kodi forum. I’m asked this forum.

There is no need for another list.

2 Likes

I agree with vpeter. If you choose to use those addons it’s your own business and your own risk but we do not support it and this piracy crap is unwelcome here.
So if one of the supporters here spots it the normal response will be that we won’t debug anything. Additionally to the moral issue there is also the technical that most of those banned addons do shady stuff that breaks things and we won’t keep up with that crap.

I asked a simple question for clarification. Thank you.

1 Like

Try tomorrow nightly 0311 as it will be ready.
If not resolved then collect full logs

1 Like