3D Frame Packed (MVC) output with CoreELEC?

Is it possible to include the OSCM code for 3D Frame Packed Output (MVC) to CE?
see here: https://osmc.tv/2020/02/osmcs-january-update-is-here-4/
It works on Vero 4K+, why not on our beautiful N2?
Any thoughts?

Possible yes but there is little to no demand for it, add also that no developer here has a 3D compatible display and no way to test it.

I add myself to 3d request and can test everything you need.

I support that 3D request and also can test everything you need.

I’d also like to finally have working MVC; it’s just about the only thing I miss on my N2…

Also have 3d LG TV also willing to test on my n2

I have a 3D projector and would be happy to test as well. The only reason I keep an old dusty Rpi3 around is for 3D MVC and it doesn’t do bitstreaming. Having this on my N2 would be wonderful!

second that too love to see 3d also working on n2

I’d also like to have 3D Frame Packed working in CoreELEC :+1:
Thanks

I also would like MVC support, pleeeease. :blush:

could you atleast consider it would be appreciated alot. still alot of user do 3d.

1 Like

also please add me to the list of MVC support.
really finally would like to not burn blurays anymore - because Pi3 has no HD-Audio :frowning:

Since here on CE there is no, or very little, interest in 3D MVC support, at the moment the best solution is to move to Vero 4K+, that has got full 3D, including MVC, support. Read review here.

It’s not that there is no interest, the OSMC kernel is closed source. It seems they do not care about violating the GPL license and are happy to profit from the open-source community and give nothing back.

If that’s the kind of company that you want to support then feel free.

It’s not that I want to support them, but it seems to me it’s the only reasonable solution for my MVC collection which I still prefer to all UHD variants.
If there is any other solution that I’m not aware off, please inform me; I presume that you contacted @Sam and he is not willing to share his work…

No, none of us have contacted him, the kernel is GPL licensed and has to be made available, he is just choosing to ignore this fact to which I have pointed out in my recent post on the Kodi forums.

Putting aside the license, after years of profiting from the open-source community, he should be giving back instead of playing games, but I guess that just speaks volumes in itself.

Hi @ adamg, have you read Sam’s reply in the Kodi thread w/my review? Does it give you a way to look into adding 3D into CoreELEC?

It does but not easily due to him refusing to provide specific history for the 3d related commits.

Where can I read that Sam’s reply?

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=354463