3D Frame Packed (MVC) output with CoreELEC?

Completeley agree. Count me also fo 3D MVC

Nearly every projector still supports it, and many discs are still released each year. ā€œNot as popular as it once wasā€ is not synonymous with ā€œdead.ā€

I have tried to solve the jiggsaw puzzle from the huge osmc dump and I have a build. It is also for gxl (S905x) but I donā€™t know if it will work. If someone wants to test on their own risk let me know by PM and I send a link.

Iā€™m going tomorrow on a 3 weeks vacation where I use a MECOOL KM8 - S905x box, so Iā€™m interested to try it out. Will PM you for the linkā€¦

Yesss, super @Ray. I will try with N2, C4 and a S905X-boxā€¦

Ok send both of you a link. I am sure it will not work but if it does I will dump the link here.
No more PMā€™s necessary.

no news yet?

If you are interested to test let me know by PM. I can only work as fast as my testers. Developers donā€™t have 3D TVā€™s.

pm sent thank you

we are testingā€¦

Hope Ray send the link to me also. I am a long time fan of 3d. Can the build be used on the Odroid N2?

I will send you a build but I am currently working on an update.

EDIT: build send.

I canā€™t test your version at the moment, because I forgot one small detail when I applied for the test image - I donā€™t have a 3D tv in my holiday house :smiley:

It doesnā€™t work anyway

Donā€™t give up, I have still 23 holiday days left :smiley:

I can be as quick as it is necessary. I am almost all the time at home so no problem to test and quickly reports. Still going strong. :joy: :joy:

I have had some struggles with the kodi dump from osmc. I have therefore contacted Sam from OSMC and he immediately send me the Kodi patches they are using. I hope I can rebase them and it will work.

I will keep you guys posted.

4 Likes

Thx very very much for your great engagement, @Ray! Without you we would be lost! :sunglasses:

Donā€™t thank me yet. Letā€™s wait and see. Sam warned that the patchset is very much work in progress. So it might or might not work. I had a very friendly exchange with Sam and hopefully we can contribute something back if we find issues or improve stuff. But itā€™s still hard to develop this without a 3D TV. We really got lucky that OSMC already did most of the work.

I have a spare S912 and LG 2016 OLED with 3D that I can test with if thereā€™s a compatible build.

1 Like