3D Frame Packed (MVC) output with CoreELEC?

I’d also like to have 3D Frame Packed working in CoreELEC :+1:
Thanks

I also would like MVC support, pleeeease. :blush:

could you atleast consider it would be appreciated alot. still alot of user do 3d.

1 Like

also please add me to the list of MVC support.
really finally would like to not burn blurays anymore - because Pi3 has no HD-Audio :frowning:

Since here on CE there is no, or very little, interest in 3D MVC support, at the moment the best solution is to move to Vero 4K+, that has got full 3D, including MVC, support. Read review here.

Glad to hear.
Back to business: Do you think it is possible for you or @cdu13a to realize 3D-MVC support in CE with the information Sam provided? I think there are several users with MVC content in their libraries, who would be deeply grateful …

I looked through the link that was posted by osmc.
I am not developer and I can see there is some things already different in CoreELEC. For instance amvideocap changes need looking.
Maybe it will help:
https://paste.debian.net/plain/1147416

any way to port this to another S905X(y)?

Another vote for 3D MVC. It’s the only thing missing to make the N2 with Coreelec go from “almost perfect” to “complete and perfect solution.” Right now, I still have a sluggish Pi3 hooked up, just for 3D, but then I have to choose between 3D and Atmos.

I though 3D is dead for years? :rofl:

1 Like

No, it is not dead! There are a lot of 3D-movies/discs in the wild…

1 Like

Hehe, wishful thoughts :wink:
For me it’s very alive and kicking; no UHD, HDR+, DV, whatever…, can beat 3D experience and delight.

1 Like

Completeley agree. Count me also fo 3D MVC

Nearly every projector still supports it, and many discs are still released each year. “Not as popular as it once was” is not synonymous with “dead.”

I have tried to solve the jiggsaw puzzle from the huge osmc dump and I have a build. It is also for gxl (S905x) but I don’t know if it will work. If someone wants to test on their own risk let me know by PM and I send a link.

I’m going tomorrow on a 3 weeks vacation where I use a MECOOL KM8 - S905x box, so I’m interested to try it out. Will PM you for the link…

Yesss, super @Ray. I will try with N2, C4 and a S905X-box…

Ok send both of you a link. I am sure it will not work but if it does I will dump the link here.
No more PM’s necessary.

no news yet?

If you are interested to test let me know by PM. I can only work as fast as my testers. Developers don’t have 3D TV’s.