3D Frame Packed (MVC) output with CoreELEC?

I have tried to solve the jiggsaw puzzle from the huge osmc dump and I have a build. It is also for gxl (S905x) but I don’t know if it will work. If someone wants to test on their own risk let me know by PM and I send a link.

I’m going tomorrow on a 3 weeks vacation where I use a MECOOL KM8 - S905x box, so I’m interested to try it out. Will PM you for the link…

Yesss, super @Ray. I will try with N2, C4 and a S905X-box…

Ok send both of you a link. I am sure it will not work but if it does I will dump the link here.
No more PM’s necessary.

no news yet?

If you are interested to test let me know by PM. I can only work as fast as my testers. Developers don’t have 3D TV’s.

pm sent thank you

we are testing…

Hope Ray send the link to me also. I am a long time fan of 3d. Can the build be used on the Odroid N2?

I will send you a build but I am currently working on an update.

EDIT: build send.

I can’t test your version at the moment, because I forgot one small detail when I applied for the test image - I don’t have a 3D tv in my holiday house :smiley:

It doesn’t work anyway

Don’t give up, I have still 23 holiday days left :smiley:

I can be as quick as it is necessary. I am almost all the time at home so no problem to test and quickly reports. Still going strong. :joy: :joy:

I have had some struggles with the kodi dump from osmc. I have therefore contacted Sam from OSMC and he immediately send me the Kodi patches they are using. I hope I can rebase them and it will work.

I will keep you guys posted.

4 Likes

Thx very very much for your great engagement, @Ray! Without you we would be lost! :sunglasses:

Don’t thank me yet. Let’s wait and see. Sam warned that the patchset is very much work in progress. So it might or might not work. I had a very friendly exchange with Sam and hopefully we can contribute something back if we find issues or improve stuff. But it’s still hard to develop this without a 3D TV. We really got lucky that OSMC already did most of the work.

I have a spare S912 and LG 2016 OLED with 3D that I can test with if there’s a compatible build.

1 Like

This will be 4.9 kernel only. Currently only Amlogic-ng devices and gxl (for instance S905x).
No chance for S912 unless 4.9 kernel can work with the libhybris hacks which is doesn’t.

I’ve got an Odroid N2, and I’d be happy to help test. I know this one won’t be a daily driver, and I’ll test this using a different card, leaving my working install untouched. I have the N2 hooked up to a 3D-capable projector already.