9.2.0 Discussion

I have the same problem on my X96 mini S905W.

@marco @STK_Carlos pvr.iptvsimple package was bumped to the latest source available.
We noticed that it’s slower, but I guess that “how much slower” it is for you will depend on the EPG you are using and the SoC you have.
There’s not much we can do about upsream issues.

Already tried it with no success on both boxes…
That’s why I ask for functional way.

It appears that my tvheadend isn’t working. I had a newer 4.3 1774 installed, as it had fixes that I need. Is it possible to get a compiler version of this for wp2. Currently running, I get an error saying shared library libssl.so.1.0.0 not found

You can try from this repository that has a working tvh 4.3 in the 9.2 CoreELEC branch.

https://addons.tnds82.xyz/.tnds82

It’s from the user @tnds82

Ok, thanks, I installed pvr.simpleclient 3.7.2 version in CoreELEC 9.2.0 for fast EPG load. I have my own EPG with 130 channels and 3 days to show and the time to charge in pvr.simpleclient 3.8.1 version It’s about 90-120 secs. X96 Mini 2/16GB S905W. With 3.7.2 version of IPTV Simple Client the time to charge the EPG is only 5 secs. I disabled the auto-update for pvr.simpleclient and using pvr.simpleclient 3.7.2

@vpeter found the problem and opened a PR to pvr.iptvsimple repo. Once it’s accepted and merged, we’ll bump it again in CE.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Khadas VIM3, “green” screen and “installtoemmc”

I tried the rpi4 version and it appears to have worked. If it fails I’ll try these. Thanks

copy the libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so.1.0.0 files to the “~/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend43/lib/” folder
lib.zip

quick question, i have all my boxes at 9.0.3 running on internal, I should be able to update to 9.2.0 via .tar right? eventhough it’s not supported.

Yes, it should work fine.

I have installed Corelec 9.2 on Yoka Bb2 (clone of Mecool BB2), wifi e Bluetooth works very well, but not recognize wired connection. On Mecool BB2 pro wired connection works well and hardware is the same, wired 1 gb.
Thanks in advance

Hello, I’m working with Android 9 S905X firmware for my employer.
I see it has 4.9.113 kernel.
I wonder if we can try to run Amlogic-ng CE with new kernel on S905X easily, if not what is needed?
I’m ready to help in porting if time and my skill permits

You can look at this branch:
https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/tree/amlogic-ng-on-gxlgxm

What is the status of that branch?

I updated from 9.03. I wasn’t aware I had first to disable add-on. Everything works fine but:

1. add-ons from kodi add-on repo are slow. Dazn, the one I’m using, is choppy.
  2. Kodi repo add-on does not work (any download/updated fails)

I then read this thread that suggests to disable all add-on before updating. I disable all my add-ons and re-applied the update. Then I refresh the repo (going into repo and update) and it seems it update. But then going back to enable the add-on the update fails (BTW the add-on does mention the repository, it says unknown).

Can I revert back to 9.03? I there something else I can do?

I have removed my addonsdb file from my user Dir.
Then upgraded and enabled every used add-on. This worked for me

Not clear where this file is located. Could you please be more precise e detail the path?

.Kodi/user data/database/addonsdb27.db

It’s in your Kodi profile folder