9.2.0 Discussion

Bricked or stuck in splash or stuck in safe mode ?

Shoog

Bricked - had to reflash. I’m online now, but god help older people with this upgrade.

How old is older?

Are there known banding issues with CoreELEC 9.x?

I’m running an S905X with an SDR TV. Many of my 10bit x265 encodes show banding that I don’t remember being so prominent on LibreELEC.

I’ve turned off noise reduction, but that didn’t seem to make any difference.

Yes I was playing around with that all last night but even when both the new muxes were showing OK after a scan, nothing was appearing in the channel list, with each of the newly discovered channels only appearing in the services section but missing a channel name.

No matter what I tried, I could not get the listings to appear, so in the end I setup a brand new CE installation, modified the TVH service addon to reflect the update for Sutton Coldfield and viola, from a fresh install it works.

But for the list of channels that it gives, it’s too much hassle trying to figure out why it will not work with an existing TVH setup, so I’m giving up on it for now.

You did click on map services after you scanned the new muxes didn’t you.

Have you looked what chipset the lan and wifi use.

If your TV does not support 10-bit color depth, CE will run in true 8-bit mode. This may cause banding in 10-bit content.

Not sure what this patch is; assume its already present in upstream? If not, I am sure authors would welcome PR. If yes , maybe would be worth trying bump TVH version for CE?

For me its hard to check, as I am using own compiled TVH Server 4.3 on router, using CE TVH Server in my parents home and weekend hosuse, both quite far from me…

I have it on my radar this weekend to submit it for official inclusion to TVH.

1 Like

Installed on my Minix Neo U1 without any issues. My streaming addons worked without needing to re-update.

The wifi/BT is MediaTek MT7668
I think for the LAN, it is the internal nic of the soc (S905X3), 100Mb PHY.

Yes, I appreciate this, but there was a dithering build in LibreELEC. Is this implemented in CoreELEC?

Dithering was disabled for 8-bit output.
It caused other anomalies with some displays, such as weird discoloration or flashing.

I tried the 3 dvb-drivers available: crazycat, kernel and libreelec.
Only libreelec module drivers works fine.

No update for any of them.

Yes but it made no difference.

In the end I deleted the TVH and PVR folders from and copied the ones from the fresh build and after a reboot I could see all the channels.

I have the MT7668 (SRN) in the A95X Max and it does seem almost certain that there is no open source driver available for this chipset, so as you have discovered, external dongle is the way forward, at least for the time being.

Funny, the PCB of this so called S10 MAX+ is actually saying A95XCX1. Maybe a similar board, just with a newer soc. I understand about the wifi, but it would be nice if I could use the LAN, which is from the soc itself. Curious that the LAN of the S905X2 is working, and not for the S905X3, while chips are quite similar.

The S905X3 is not the same as a S905X2, they are different. So Ethernet not working is likely a DTB issue.
Have you tried both 4GB DTBs? It’s possible (although unlikely) that one of them will work.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried with the second 4GB DTB, but no luck.