9.2.0 Discussion

hello,

is it possible to make a Backup on S905 and restore it on the VIM3 ?

i try it after the “restore process” the VIM3 restart. and th First Welcome Screen is there.
and nothing is restored… :frowning:
what is wrong?

on both sides i use Coreelec 9.2.0

maybe some Addons the are the Problem? the sx05re Maybe?

Hi all,

I downloaded the 9.2.0 image (full install not the update) and did a fresh install on my Mecool M8S PRO L box but it is stuck in a boot loop at the coreELEC splash screen. I downloaded the image a second time to rule out a corrupt file with the same result. I used the dtb that the download helper suggested.

The 9.0.3 image works just fine using the same dtb so I’m guessing it is another issue? Has anyone experienced this or can suggest something to try?

Cheers.

You downloaded which CE image ? Using which dtb.img ? Burned the image on uSD card or USB stick with which program ?

Both the 9.2.0 (CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.0-Generic.img.gz) and 9.0.3 (CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.0.3-Generic.img.gz) images from https://coreelec.org/#download using the gxm_q201_3g image that the download helper advises using. Both burnt to a uSD using Etcher.

The 9.0.3 image and gxm_q201_3g combination work fine, the 9.2.0 image and gxm_q201_3g combination get stuck in a boot loop.

All looks as it should work without problems…
Usually when installation is stuck at logo it’s a dtb.img incompatibility, but with boot loop I don’t know what else to suggest except to try a different uSD card.

Yeah figured with the only difference being the 9.2.0 image everything should have worked fine. I can try another uSD and see if that makes a difference, would be strange if that was the issue :thinking:

Have you by any chance recently installed one of balbes’ newer LibreELEC images?
Or have you previously had LE installed on internal?
I think there is a thread that discusses the LE to CE switching (and vice versa)

Could you also try to update from 9.0.3 to 9.2.0 and check if it works?

I had a similar situation with an unfamiliar box (loan).
Did you use arm-ng or arm image? Maybe try the other one.
Try updating from the working 9.0.3 install. That worked for me.

Thanks, I’ll try an update also :slight_smile:

I used these images from the download helper at https://coreelec.org/#download -
9.2.0 - (CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.0-Generic.img.gz)
9.0.3 - (CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.0.3-Generic.img.gz)

I’ll try an update after work tonight to see if that does the trick thanks :slight_smile:

Nope, no balbe images ever installed.
I had LE on a different uSD, never installed to internal.

newbie with coreelec here.I have a vorke z6.Netflix on 720p with my SONY tv is superb,expect some very small lags every 20 seconds.Dont know how,but ill try to solve it…Only issue is bluetooth.It doesn’t connect automaticaly,you have to pair it with your bt device every time at startup and sometimes it just disconnects when you change an episode on netflix.

This worked!

Using the 9.2.0 update tar on the working install of 9.0.3 worked :wink:

Same. Just copied it to .update folder and rebooted. Initial panic as screen went and stayed blank on reboot but powered on/off and update kicked in.

Works perfectly.

can i install coreelec on a virtualbox?

Seems OK on my Mecool KII too so far. Tvheadend needed an update but after that was fine. I don’t use bluetooth so haven’t tested that.

No, you can’t. We only make Amlogic compatible builds.

Good. My question is, how can the automatic TV shutdown be removed when the coreelec is turned off and how can I have more memory for viewing larger movies without slowing down of reproducion? Thank you very much!