9.2.1 Discussion

This is new to me, but do you want a 1-2 minute MKV sample or a youtube movie?
My movies are between 15 and 40GB large and I don’t have software to edit them.

You can cut a sample from a large MKV with mkvtoolnix (https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html).

I have the same issue on pause on both h264 and h265 but it is inconsistent. It does not happen on all files but it does happen. I’ll try and find out what files cause it consistently.

Got the same 4x screen cropping issue as everyone else when playing 4K. Turned off the “scale UI option” on my ODroid-N2 and the problem went away.

If you follow instructions posted many times correctly then you do not need to turn the option off and can run with a true 4K UI with no glitching.

If you prefer a stretched UI and glitching then sure just disable the option.

Adam, I did read through most of the posts in this thread, although with close to 100 posts I may have missed something. It looks like the two solutions suggested are either editing the XML file (but what values should I put in?) and using the overscan correction function and redoing it at each resolution.

Are either, or both, the preferred solution? I also read that the UI scaling was put in for non-ODroid-N2 v12 devices which didn’t have the horsepower to handle a true 4K UI, but that it technically wasn’t needed for ODroid-N2.

Might I humbly suggest you sticky something/put it on the website since this is a problem that everyone will run into sooner or later.

PS: As I’m writing this, I also see this:

I’ll run that. Thanks. Still have question about the scaling option. It’s technically not needed for the ODroid, correct?

It’s only a problem if users have configured overscan settings which nobody should need to do any way, the picture size is set incorrectly on your TV if you need to change them configure overscan.

This also only affects ng builds.

All you have to do is stop Kodi and remove the over scan settings from guisettings.xml and start Kodi again, the end result is worth doing on an N2 as you get a true 4K GUI and not a stretched 1080p GUI.

Hey! Many thanks for you awesome work on Coreelec, it’s truly awesome! However after upgrading to 9.2.1 from 9.0.3 I have an issue that after resuming playback after I paused, the picture is frozen for maybe 5-6 seconds, then it resumes. I have a Minix U9H.

2 Likes

@e2zippo, we know about this issue.
It’s in our todo list.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the fast reply!

I deleted the resolution sections in guisettings.xml but when the “disable scaling” option was checked it would still repopulate with the full resolutions section in guisettings.xml. Only when I disabled that option would it then repopulate with in the guisettings.xml. Thankfully having only seems to have no ill effects both disable scaling is checked and unchecked.

Hi i saw something odd with the backup, with the previous version, i had a backup file of 3 gig something…
with the 9.2.1 version just 50 MB…
Both backup done with coreelec buildin.

Just to be sure did also a backup with the “backup” addon.
edit: This is on the N2

They stopped backing up thumbnails since they are automatically downloaded when missing. Massive difference there.

Shoog

1 Like

ah it is intentional… then all is ok.
Thank mate

@hder you have to stop Kodi first before modifying guisettings.xml otherwise it will revert back to its previous state.

I noticed the same issue…hope it gets resolved soon.

Hi ,
I’ve a S912X running 9.21…and Android 7.1.1 ,data partition shared with Android OS as per on the Forum
Had issues overwritting Audio SQL db…think it got confused…or something I did
Reset Coreelec…which went ok…Rebooted back into Android… just had wallpaper…factory reset Android aswell ,apps were still there ,worked fine.

Seems once partitioned stays like it?

Hi, I use MagicseeN5 S905 X2 box with 9.2.1.
I found that decoded sound drivers are faulted.
Augesound hdmi is totally unusable as producing distorted sound only
Augesound PCM works but all surround channels mapped to front.
Tested with lpcm, FLAC, AAC tracks.
The avr is hdmi capable and works well with old S905 with old amlogic drivers.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you! Something else i’ve noticed: when running with the “Disable GUI scaling” check mark checked, it will often revert my resolution from 3840x2160p to 1920x1080p. Not sure exactly what is causing this. Will let you know if I can find a way to reproduce it consistently.

Hi, i got s905w, after the automatic update I can only see boot logo, and after that no signal - on my hdready TV. I connected box to HD monitor, all OK, so I changed res to 720p, and connected back to the TV. But it did not help, same no signal… Any advice pls? (one strange thing - On Tv I see only zoomed logo, without cmd boot info)