9.2.1 Discussion

There is a lot of Xiaomi Redmi AirDots around that have the same issue, guaranteed fake if you bought from Gearbest.

SMB into the mini and paste this remote.conf file to the .config folder of your mini.
REBOOT.
remote.conf (3.2 KB)

1 Like

Ignore this post:

Update broke access to my samba shares, mounted with cifs mount script.

cifs script

log (journalctl)

Device is Tanix TX5 Pro. Anyone knows how to fix it, or how to go back to previous version of CoreELEC?

Putting a tar from an older version into your update folder, should let you roll back.

Sorry, false alarm. I am idiot.

Last night, i was testing something, and turn on firewall on my Linux machine with Samba shares. And ofc, completely forgot about it…

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to use ceemmc

Hi, beginner here. Please point me to steps to upgrade from 9.2.0 to 9.2.1 without losing current configuration and add ons

So After I installed this on a S905X2, I got a few random reboots in the GUI usually as I went to play something. I checked the log and got a lot of lines like this.

2019-11-23 19:25:51.531 T:2929300352   ERROR: SQL: [Textures13.db] SQLite error SQLITE_CORRUPT (database disk image is malformed)
                                            Query: SELECT id, cachedurl, lasthashcheck, imagehash, width, height FROM texture JOIN sizes ON (texture.id=sizes.idtexture AND sizes.size=1) WHERE url='https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/actors/40683.jpg'

So I deleted the thumbnails and the Textures13.db I will keep an eye on it and report back if I get any more random reboots.
Also If I enable the disable 4K scaling any HDR content I play fails miserably. Its like in the old days when you lost horizontal and or vertical sync the picture tares and roles.
I left the setting unchecked but had to modify guisettings.xml otherwise I only got a quarter screen on 4K movies.

<resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 30.00 - Full Screen</description>
            <subtitles>1000</subtitles>
            <pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
        <resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 29.97 - Full Screen</description>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
        <resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 25.00 - Full Screen</description>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
        <resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 24.00 - Full Screen</description>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
        <resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 23.98 - Full Screen</description>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
        <resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 50.00 - Full Screen</description>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
        <resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 60.00 - Full Screen</description>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
        <resolution>
            <description>3840x2160 @ 59.94 - Full Screen</description>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>

The video output does seem brighter maybe its just me I used to have to have the contrast and brightness set to 52 for all my media now it looks correct at 50.

As Airdots works fine with my phone and pc, that’s CE problem

The System/Kodi backup does not backup thumbnails folder anymore?

Thank you … works now

vim3l info??

Hi. Auto update crashed my TX5 PRO :slight_smile:
Anyway, I did fresh installation and 9.2.1 is working fantastic.
Boot time from microSD is super fast. SMB configuration went flawlessly. Everything works.
Thank you for that build! I was sticking to LibreELEC most of the time. Until now :slight_smile:

If you have free SD or USB card, try to install fresh build and check. It should work without any overscan settings. It looks like some settings issue in your configuration
You can also try to stop kodi, delete all overscan/resolutions related settings in guisettings.xml and start kodi again.

Also one related topic and possible solution.

Can you detail what’s your device? Do you have android? Do the airdots work there? Does any other Bluetooth audio device work well?

Hello! to me it works perfectly after updating 9.2.1 on a tronsmart vega s95 on the old version when the green screen appears now it is perfect no longer appears congratulations are the best

@ffimon That is the exact reason why scaling is now on by default. Not all devices can properly handle 4K GUI at 60FPS. Early in -NG development cycle on the Odroid N2, we did not see this issue, so we disabled scaling by default. But this doesn’t work quite right on many devices, especially the lower power G12A devices. We didn’t want to take away the 4K GUI option from users altogether, so we made it an option for those with devices that can handle it.
The scaling config in guisettings.xml needs to be reset after switching back to having a 1080P GUI at 4K output resolution for it to work well. You might remember that we had similar issues back when users moved their old configs to the new -NG devices.

@Comma No it does not. We’ll look into making it an option, because some users find this important.

@jaffac VIM3L info will be posted separately. The current -NG builds (including 9.2.1) do not support this device yet.

2 Likes

MxqPro, usb Bluetooth adapter. Problem may be caused by bad signal, I checked on my laptop (Dell, built in adapter) and I’m getting only 43% signal in front of ma computer (Linux, Debian Sid), occasional drops to 39% and music interruption.

However, still it looks like not Airdots problem, I also tested on Android (Oneplus 7 Pro, Android 10) and I am even able to listen music in other room without any interruption. Maybe there’s something wrong with Linux BT drivers?

I have no any other BT device to test.

[edit]
Probably not CE issue, it seems to be some kind of interferences with Wifi (2.4 Ghz, the same band). I’ve moved my laptop more far from router, to other room and no more playback drops. Weird, still Android phone works way better though.

I updated my Odroid N2 to stable 9.2.1 yesterday and now wake on lan stopped working. I can neither wake up the device in suspend, nore after shutdown.

Is this a known bug and is there anything I can do to fix it?

EDIT: I just confirmed that its the update that is causing the issue. Rolled back to 9.2.0 and wakeonlan works again, applied 9.2.1 once more -> wol stops working.

Will stay on 9.2.0 until the issue gets fixed, but now kodi constantly nags that there is an update available, even though I have disabled the update notification. How can I disable the popup?

I had the same thing on an A95X upgrade. Could not mount /dev/SYSTEM. I managed to fox it relatively easily. I installed 9.2.1 to another card. I checked the installation worked then copied all the files from the DOS directory of the working card to the none working card. Then the original card booted I got a message saying the upgrade was not successful but id did boot into 9.2.1