9.2.2 Discussion

Its not like my wife is unable to learn old school interfaces. This UX is just unconvenient. There is ATV version of Android which uses not pointer way of remoting. Just classic navigation. Its much more usable. We are a bit older and we like comfortable clothes. :slight_smile:

Lest finish this off top. As we litter this thread. I think some post are ready to be deleted. :slight_smile:

Agree…, just to mention one more thing, I don’t use pointer navigation in CoreElec/Kodi in any way, all classic navigation via remote control & keyboard.

Hi. I’ve updated my Magicsee N5 Max to 9.2.2 without any problems (on internal MMC). I am no longer able to use custom resolution
in /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_add though. Switching to 2560x1440p60hz results in familiar display glitch:

ce-glitch

Thank you for your support!

Got two of my boxes updated from 9.2.1

I had to swap the DTB over to being the s905x2 4gb 100mb, but apart from the blank screen looking at me until i did this its all good.

Much quicker, much smoother.

The refresh rate defaults to 59.94 after every reboot even though I chose 60. On 9.2.1 it stayed at 60 after rebooting. Is this expected?

thanks for support to s905x3 with this stable release, great team!!!

1 Like

@Portisch
Should i give any additional info?

You are using a Panasonic TV, isn’t it? It’s common with this brand that CEC will not work properly. We can’t do nothing about it - you just can exchange your TV to another brand. :wink:

You can try your luck at https://www.pulse-eight.com/ if there can someone help you improving CEC handling on Panasonic TVs.

Or you can open a issue there: https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec

1 Like

It’s Panas indeed.
Thank You! :slight_smile:

When the N2 goes into screensaver mode, I can’t seem to get it back by pressing any button on the remote. I’m using a minix neo a2 lite remote. Any help with this please? I have to resort to switching off the power and restarting the N2.

Okay, I’m going batty over this one. I’ve had my N2 for a bit now and love it. Recently I started upgrading my 1080 movies to 4k Atmos/TrueHD movies and they all fail with a hang or quit back to home screen at one point or another, usually within the first 10-30 minutes of playing. They will also hang on chapter skips/big skips.

Setup:

N2 4gig
Coreelec 9.2.2
eMMC Red Dot
Videos on external USB3 hard drives - tried 3 different ones on different ports
HW acceleration enabled

The typical log entry at point of failure is: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer

Short log snippit: https://paste.kodi.tv/dacekuvala.kodi

Complete log: https://paste.kodi.tv/evuqeroxon.kodi

I’ve tried different cache settings in Advancedsettings, default settings, just about any setting I can think of.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

same Probleme here 9.21 and 9.22
iptv friert ein box aml z69

Here the boot loop even occurs with USB devices plugged into the upper ports (one self-powered HD, one bluetooth dongle).

How do you “upgrade” your 1080 movies to 4k Atmos/TrueHD ?
Can you post a SS of “Player Process Info” (pressing “o” on your keyboard) while playing one of these “upgrades” ?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I still get that my picture freezes for a couple of seconds after I pause a movie and then resume. It started in 9.2.1. I have a Minix U9-H

Writing here after writing to the Beelink GT King.

Hello everybody.
I just bought the GT King and started using CE; last night I updated to 9.2.2
I find a problem with USB HDD handling (don’t know if GT King or CE 9.2.2). I’ll try to explain.
I used Beelink GT1 until I bought the King; my home entertainment is configured as follows: the movies in a HDD connected to a W10 PC and the Beelink connects via Wi-Fi. As I now have a UHD TV, I started to watch UHD movies that cannot be streamed via Wi-Fi because of frequent caching problems, so I got an old HDD and attached it to the new BT King (and before, to the old GT1) and tried to copy the movie files to it using the W10 PC. Copying is always interrupting because of some kind of problems. It is only happening now, it didn’t happen with the old GT1 on CE 9.2.1.
Yesterday I tried copying the files using the Kodi File manager and it finished without errors.
Is there anything releated to GT King or CE 9.2.2 changed anything in USB HDD handling?

I went from 18.03 build smoothly using the built-in update option. My x96 max + s905x3 works without any issues with every source I have tried so far (1080p, 4K HDR, IPTV etc.) and the max temp after watching 4K HDR for 1,5 hour was 62 Celsius degrees which I think is great as I don’t turn it off at all. My only problem is that my Samsung q70 remote doesn’t work with changing channels. Anyone else got CEC to fully work with this TV?

Thanks a lot for your great work with this awesome software.

They are all new - I am replacing my 1080 with 4k; just like I upgraded from a 55" to a 65". :wink:

That is not what I meant, Where do you get new 4k files and in what format ?
Can you upload a 30sec sample of any of these files ?
Do you have any addon installed or do you test these new files on a fresh install ?

SS obviously doesn’t work (again) on h265 video, but looking at info data, everything seems OK to me.

They are all 2160 Remux mkv’s. I’ll see if I can rip a short segment, but small sample files I’ve tried all have worked; it’s the 50gb videos that have issues.

I’ll try a clean install and see what that gets me. It’s pretty bare bones, but I do have a few addons.