9.2.2 Discussion

Hi,

since 9.2.2 on my Odroid N2 produces boot loops it’s useless for me. How can I get rid of the update messages (“New version available…”)? It’s switched off in the settings "CoreELEC --> Updates, but that doesn’t work in 9.2.1.

I’m a regular reader of this forum and I think you’ve missed a few important posts @jochen02.

Firstly, try your update with nothing connected to any of the usb ports. That’s what worked for me when I had bootloops with loads of text overlaying the boot screen.

Second, and iI may have someone correct me on this, avoid the USB ports next to the power input.

I hope this helps you update to 9.2.2 which is very good. Staying on 9.2.1 isn’t the way forward and is somewhat against the principles of this community.

Please check your PM for a solution.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Meanwhile I did that and have a test SD on 9.2.2.
Said that, I now have a non working TVHeadend server (4.2). All addon updates are done, that does not seem to be the problem.

We have a huge discussion with mixed issues in the same thread. It would be easier to have a separate thread for every issue. That’s the way I know from other software projects. Or am I overlooking something?

Feel free to open Your own thread to solve Your issues

Good idea!
So good that I did it as soon as I discovered problems with the update:

The thread was soon filled with many different issues which have nothing in common with the boot loop. You shoud know that, you where one of the “off-topic” poster. :wink:

Sorry, I can’t help you with TVHeadend, I don’t use it. More or less as Tim Taylor says, I can only suggest you detail your problem in the add-ons section for TVHeadend. I’ve looked there and can’t seem to find anything from you. I was wondering what tuners, drivers and wether you’re using docker or the CoreElec add-on.

9.2.1: TVHeadend server works. 9.2.2: TVHeadend server does not work. Both times with CoreELEC add-on. That’s pretty much from a user’s point of view, I know. :wink:
I am using one August TVB-T2 and one dual WinTV DVB-T2. Both are using a Silicon Labs Si2168 driver (according to lsmod).

1 Like

I tested tvheadend server and it works here. What’s your problem with it?

Great release! Vim3l arrived this morning and auto updated to 9.2.2 without issue.

Playback is excellent for a first supported release with only minor buffering. I experience buffering every ~8min that lasts for around 10s whilst watching 4k, hdr hvec.

Does anyone else witness the same on their vim3l?

Also, plex add-ons (0.2) doesn’t work. I receive playback failed when trying to play anything.

1 Like

It sounds like a network bandwidth problem. I have had issues with plex when I had server discovery GDM switched on. Could you confirm where you are playing the files from whether its a USB or NAS. Also can you confirm the file type and whether you have enabled 4k playback and HEVC playback in the Plex app.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Vim3l coreelec 9.2.2 buffering

@jimibob

https://openmaniak.com/iperf.php

Maybe helpful

Unfortunatelly i suppose CEC problems are not Panasonic issues.
Now i get info after booting that initializing CEC modul failed.
http://ix.io/2iQW

In OpenELEC, LibreELEC and CE 9.2.1 i had no such issues at all. So i think wake up problem is different issue and general CEC issue is another. I suppose.

Can you please make same log again with 9.2.1, thx.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Factory Ugoos AM6/AM6 Pro & X2/X3 Dual Boot CE Unofficial

I’ve managed to run iperf and I’m getting over 900Mbit down and 650Mbit up. I have way more than required.

This looks like a bug with playing that’s causing the buffering on vim3l. Can anyone else confirm?

This problem was discussed here: 9.2.2 DVB tbs driver / Hauppauge USB wintv dual HD / Tvheadend conflict
Brief, something with Hauppauge WinTV Dual and TVHeadEnd is wrong (I think it’s about kernel’s drivers).
If you’ve also the August try to remove the Hauppauge and use only the August to see if it works.
For a fix I think we should wait for next release, because adamg is aware of the problem so I think the team should fix it in next release.

Have conducted further testing of hevc files on vim3l and confirm that all 3 films have buffered several times. It’s infrequent, perhaps every 10mins.

If anyone would like some logs or has advice please let me know. I’m using 9.2.2 and playing through kodi. I have confirmed that network bandwidth is not the issue. See previous posts.

CEC x96 air (s905x3) crash when keystrokes are too fast. can I do something to show you the error?