9.2.3 Discussion

Hi, i also own Ugoos AM6 Plus and i have the same problem. Video in format avi (format MPEG-4, codec XVID) freeze quite frequently. The only way to bring tv box back to life is to unplug the power.
Moreover all video format play mute quite frequently. I have to select a audio track manually and so the audio works. Thanks!

This is a known issue and somewhere related to Amlogic decoder hardware/software.
The hardware decoder just freeze randomly when playback get stopped.

If the AVI file is inside an MKV container, does this resolve the issue?

For me, it happens in MKV’s. Last night, I tried in Android instead of CoreELEC and the same thing happened which confirms what Portisch said.

.avi is already a container format containing video & audio.
.avi container can be demuxed with AviDemux and muxed into a .mkv container with the same program. Process is very fast as no transcoding is taking place, just file coppy…

A post was merged into an existing topic: :question: Which DTB do I use?

That’s not what I was getting at.

I sometimes find odd playback behaviour with AVI files but if I then run them through mkvtoolnix to produce an MKV (wrapper if this term is preferred) and it does the trick, hence my suggestion.

1 Like

Hi, I’m going to ask a very stupid question. Why does the Corelec team not collect firmware for Raspberry?

The PI uses a different hardware platform that is not AMLogic based.

I may not understand a lot, but the repository has “Projects/RPI”?
And Allwiner H3.

That is because we have forked from LE, and still pull changes from them to keep packages and other things up to date.

On launching CoreELEC last night, I got the Kodi Leia v18.8 update message. How do I update Kodi within CE, or do I have to wait until CE v9.2.4 is released?

You will have to wait. And we will need to look into how to remove this in future versions, because we’re not 100% in sync with the Kodi release cycle. Although Kodi 18.8 is supposed to be the last Leia release, so I’m not sure we really need to remove this check.

According to the list of updates in this release, the first is supposed to be quite serious so, is it likely you will release an updated version of CE with v18.8 or will you ride it out until Matrix v19.0 is eventually available?

Are there any known fixes?

We planning to have a new stable released very soon.

1 Like

As I have auto-update enabled, will the stable release be automatically installed or will I need to download it to a flash drive and reflash my TV box?

Your device will be auto-updated about 24 hours after we released the next stable.
If you would like to use Kodi 18.8 right now, you could upgrade to the most recent nightly version of CE, which already includes it.

How do I do that?

Just download the update tarball suitable for your device (Amlogic/Amlogic-ng), put it into /storage/.update/ and reboot your device.
https://relkai.coreelec.org

But seriously…best is to just wait for the upcoming stable release, which should be released shortly.