❓ Which DTB do I use?

hope I am not too off-topic for this thread (sorry if I am !):

I sometimes see that dtb are changed/updated. I have one device on stable and one on nightly but I never did anything to update the dtb. Is that something I have to worry about or are dtbs updated automatically (if something has changed) ?

They are usually updated automatically. Only in very rare and specific case a manual intervention is needed.

Thx! The CE team does a GREAT job, Thank you !!!

Hello, did you use gxl_p231_2g_dvb in your GTC Media box and did it work correctly?

My first comment on the forum.

Hello,

I’ve just installed CE on my Venz V12 (https://venz.tech/products/v12-ultra) with device tree gxm_q201_3g_1gbit.
Everything works perfectly (WIFI, BT, Ethernet, S/PIDF, USB Keyboard) much stable than customized LE provided by vendor (used to be here: http://venztech.com/le/, now it’s down).

Great job, thanks a lot!!!

As noted in the 9.2.0 thread already:

the sister model for gt king the “orbsmart s86” could also be added to the compatibility list.

It works fine with g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king_rev_a.dtb (actually much better than the same Kodi version on the shipped Android) - if only the remote would work as it does with the default environment…

@cdu13a Can I suggest that the website list this dtb also for “Orbsmart S86”? It took me quite a while to find the correct image…

Thanks for letting us know, @ce-user.
It’s added to the download helper now.

1 Like

Hello,

I have a Mxq Pro 4k with 4gb of RAM. It has a ] RK 3328, any chance there is a DBT for it?

Thank you in advance for all the work you do.

No
CE is for Arm SoC only, not for Rockchip

Thank you very much.

Is there something similar to CE I could install?

Thank you again

LibreELEC supports Rockchip devices.

hello.
do you try install to emmc or you run only from SD. ? thx

Hi.I have Mecool M8s Plus DVB S2 s905x2 2gb ram 16 gb rom. I cant find it my box.
I installed this: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.4.2-Generic.img.gz and i add the g12a s905x2 2g dtb
The program is starting but it can’t see the DVB module.
Is the dtb.img file good for me or i need a different one?
Thank you for your answer.

There is no dvb dtb. Mecool is no official supporter of CE.

Can I install such a program on my box?

Don’t post and ask for advice not related to this topic.
Go to the Youtuber link i deleted and ask there.

1 Like

I’ve downloaded the Odroid N2 version and following the install guide it says to copy the correct DTB from the Device Tree folder. The download already has a dtb.img file in the root.

1. Do I still copy a fresh file over?
  2. If so do I use the dvb.dbt or just .dtb variation?

The imagem for the Odroid N2 already has the correct dtb. The dvb variations is only to use if you have an internal tuner like the Khadas vtv or the wetek tuner attached.

1 Like

Just reporting, for AZW (Beelink) W95 S905W 2GB RAM Box, use: gxl_p281_2g.dtb
Remote.conf file: NEW Repo for Remote files (Thanks to Betatester)

I’ve tried searching…
and haven’t been able to see other users of X96 Max Plus, with 2GB Ram and 16GB ROM, 100mbps LAN
The chipset is S905X3 …
Which dtb should i use ?
(using the generic version one for ce )

Thanks.