9.2.3 Discussion

Tnx for meaningless info. In future take some logs of the problem so that your post has some meaning and we can see the cause for such abnormal behavior…

I set both the min and max version to smb 1.0 and then the discovery works.

several days (2-3 weeks) ago my Beelink GT King Pro player warned me about a new version of Coreelec. I have automatic updates turned on but it doesn’t update. Do I need to do it manually?

Go to settings/coreelec and download under 9.0 repo

@Portisch I have found a bug on vim3l with coreelec 9.2.2 & 9.2.3 (not sure if it existed before that). AAC is broken on ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI. It has to be set to ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI Multi Ch PCM.

All other audio formats work fine. Has this bug been acknowledged or is it a specific issue of the vim3l?

That is not a bug. The HDMI output is not capable of multichannel PCM, that’s what the HDMI Multi Ch PCM output is for.

OK, thanks for the swift response. I will have to research what that means further.

Is it possible for auto detection of AAC content and an output switch? Or is there a setting already existing for this that I have missed?

No. Set your output to HDMI Multi Ch PCM and forget it. It works just fine for L-PCM.
For passthrough you can keep HDMI selected at the passthrough section.

Ahh OK. So this will use PCM as default and then bitstream for Atmos?

I have tested AAC audio on this setting and the receiver shows PCM In (denon 6500h), Atmos shows as Atmos. All seems to be working fine just curious as I read that Atmos cannot be sent over PCM.

You can’t bitsteam AAC.
And you can ONLY bitstream Atmos. There’s no other way to get Atmos.

Thanks for confirming. My question is how is atmos being sent and received when I set PCM as per your suggestion?

I now have out set as ALSA: AML-AUGESOUND, HDMI Multi Ch PCM - I understand that this enables AAC to work but how is atmos working? This isn’t bitstream to my knowledge.

Passthrough works the same as before.

Right. So it’s doing AAC via PCM (decoding on the vim3l) and for all other sources it’s using bitstream pass through?

Yes, exactly.

Perfect. Thanks for the update

That is not limited to AAC. All multichannel PCM goes that way.

Recently I updated my A95X Max box from 9.2.2 to 9.2.3 stable image, and have a
problem to switch off.Whenever I want to shutdown the unit, it immediately reboots.
Even tried the latest nighty version but the same problem,Now finally returned back to 9.2.2 image.

Running 9.2.3 now, with GUI set to 1920x1080p and VESA Modes on (if I do not set VESA modes on, in the CoreELEC Configuration app, it will not play 4k at all).

Oddity is, on some 4k playback, my TV loses entire sync (luckily I can hit a stop sequence, like the screen was active, and it will stop the video from playing, bringing me back to my base display setting and returning control).

Something has changed from 9.2.1 to 9.2.2 and now 9.2.3 with possible encoding support, and/or support for my display (TV, Visio P55-E1).

Am going to dig around some more, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

FYI. I already tried changing TV input away from then back to, when that input channel loses sync (when playing a 4k video), and that doesn’t bring sync back. It’s definitely something between the video and the TV/Display.

• Hardware is Minix U9-H running CE 9.2.3 w/gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9 DTB file on a Visio P55-E1 TV (CES isn’t being utilized, however UHD is, on the channel).\

SSH into your box and run the command mount -o remount,rw /flash

Then navigate to /flash and replace the dtb.img file with the one attached.

Reboot and then test the shutdown.
dtb.img (66.0 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Compent. After replacing the dtb.img, the shutdown function is working.
But now the remote is not working.