9.2.3 Discussion

Follow one of the 2 guides for setting it up again.

https://discourse.coreelec.org/c/general/guides-how-tos/8

I use othe controllers so can’t comment further on the bundled remote.

Compent, next time also write what you changed in dtb. Because you made mistake there and meson-remote is disabled. Which means it will not work. Both meson-remote and meson-ir must be okay.

I didn’t change the DTB, I don’t have the skills to do so.
I simply discovered that an older version from a previous CE release that enabled shutdown to work when I encountered the same issue a little while back, so I use it every time there is a new release.
For unknown reason it seems to affect only the A95X Max as until this week I thought that I was the only person with the issues and had a working solution that worked for me.

Then tell us from which release is this file.

It was likely from CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200423, which, tracking back was the last release that I know fore sure that it worked.

On last analysis that I recall, there was a 2 byte difference between the file sizes of g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit,dtb after 20200423 that made me initially investigate further.

1 Like

srivasan, can you open ssh session and type this commands

mount -o remount,rw /flash
fdtget -t s /flash/dtb.img /meson-remote/ status
fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /meson-remote/ status okay

and copy text from terminal here so we can see if commands were fine. After that reboot the box and check if shutdown still works or not.

If shutdown doesn’t work type this commands and reboot

fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /meson-remote/ status disabled

@srivasan @Compent
if it still reboots on shut down do please following:
Enter ssh connection and enter:

echo 8 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
systemctl poweroff

Maybe it will show a kernel oops on power off.

thanks works perfekt on my a95 max
now works Coreelec 9.2.3
only my Ir remote dont works.
Hdmi Remote and my airmouse works perfekt
Thanks

Please try:

fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /meson-remote/ status okay
fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /meson-ir/ status okay
sync
reboot

Then remote should work again. Please test if power off is working and not rebooting, thx.

Yes

power off is working and IR FB works again
Thank you

replaced dtb ver. 9.22 all ok
thanks again
:grinning:

Problem solved, thanks to all
Now both the remote and shutdown function working fine.
Replaced the dtb.img with the 9.2.2 ver.

1 Like

Confirmation that replacing the 9.2.3 dtb.img file on my A95X Max with the one from 9.2.2 restored the normal shutdown function. My remote also works as before.
Many thanks to Compent for this quick fix.

1 Like

I think I have solution for this A95X Max “reboot on power off” issue.

Copy this script to: /storage/.config/autostart.sh
(Or add the contents if you already have a autostart.sh)

autostart.sh (278 Bytes)

Then you can just update your device by any (nightly/stable) image.

2 Likes

Thank you for your time an effort in resolving this :grinning:

34 posts were split to a new topic: Installation to eMMC with ceemmc tool and booting other OS

Portisch, tested your script on my A95X Max and sadly it didn’t have the desired effect.
The test comprised doing a fresh install of 9.2.2 to MicroSD, restoring my 9.2.2 CoreELEC backup to fully replicate my 9.2.2 configuration, adding your script to STORAGE/.config, shutting down and connecting the network cable followed by switching the box back on and allowing it to update to 9.2.3. Trying to shutdown at this point whether via the menu or the power button on my remote resulted in a reboot.
So, removed your script and replaced the 9.2.3 dtb.img with that of 9.2.2 to get the box to shutdown correctly.
JB

Hallo,
my Box a95x Max works perfekt with autostart.sh scribt
i have CE 9.22 and copy autostart.sh to /storage/.config/autostart.sh
Reboot update to 9.2.3 reboot and all works
check first reboot second reboot all works
Thanks @Portisch

As far as I’m aware there are at least two revisions (with different Bluetooth chips and maybe some other differences too) of the A95X Max so this probably explains why @thecook’s box is OK and mine isn’t.
JB

Yes there are two known ‘official’ versions, the original V10 with the AP6356S WiFi/BT Combo and V81 with the MT7668 combo, where WiFi is working under CE but not BT, so an external dongle is required for BT.

I use nightlies and with last nights, I did have to copy the old dtb again to get power off to work. I have the V81 board.

It would not surprise me if there were new variants and clones out there though.