9.2.4.2 Discussion

:fu: :clap:

I was unsure about ng or not but it’s a moot point now. Being facetious was far from my intentions. After all the help you gave me, I have nothing but appreciation for you and I bow to your IT skills which are vastly superior to mine.

Edit: Thanks also for the link to the 1080i vs 1080p explanation. I now understand the difference perfectly and am happy to know that my system operates in 1080p.

oh, I’m very sorry, wrong emoji… :grimacing:
I wanted to show thumbs-up :+1:, of course…
The display of my phone is really too small!
Sorry again, @Ray!

1 Like

Hehe ok. Yeah I was confused about the like and then the comment. No hard feelings.

Hello, I have been using luks encrypted partitions for some time now with my x96 max, but after the last update it hangs (100% cpu on one core) on cryptsetup command:

cryptsetup --debug --verbose luksOpen /dev/sdb1 seagate_luks

# cryptsetup 2.3.0 processing "cryptsetup --debug --verbose luksOpen /dev/sdb1 seagate_luks"
# Running command open.
# Locking memory.
# Installing SIGINT/SIGTERM handler.
# Unblocking interruption on signal.
# Allocating context for crypt device /dev/sdb1.
# Trying to open and read device /dev/sdb1 with direct-io.
# Initialising device-mapper backend library.
# Trying to load any crypt type from device /dev/sdb1.
# Crypto backend (Linux 4.9.113 kernel cryptoAPI) initialized in cryptsetup library version 2.3.0.
# Detected kernel Linux 4.9.113 aarch64.
# PBKDF pbkdf2-sha256, time_ms 2000 (iterations 0).
# Reading LUKS header of size 1024 from device /dev/sdb1
# Key length 64, device size 5860530176 sectors, header size 4036 sectors.
# Activating volume seagate_luks using token -1.
# Interactive passphrase entry requested.
Enter passphrase for /dev/sdb1:
# Activating volume seagate_luks [keyslot -1] using passphrase.
# dm version   [ opencount flush ]   [16384] (*1)
# dm versions   [ opencount flush ]   [16384] (*1)
# Detected dm-ioctl version 4.35.0.
# Device-mapper backend running with UDEV support disabled.
# dm status seagate_luks  [ opencount noflush ]   [16384] (*1)
# Trying to open key slot 0 [ACTIVE].

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to configure VFD

Dont turn off box.

WiFi dosnt work on KIII Pro anymore… Fall back to 9.2.2 and it works again.

Are there any known issues with deinterlacing on 9.2.4.2? Had to roll back to 9.2.3 on my C4 to watch live sport (1080i).

Edit - not getting the same issues with my La Frite and 9.2.4.2.

What are you using to watch live sport?

What is your issue?
Also please upload a recorded sample on that this issue could be repeated

Hi guys, I am an owner of Odroid N2 and I have now installed the new CoreELEC 9.2.4.2, having connected an AVR Hdmi to my system I noticed that in the audio setting there are no more DTS-HD and TrueHd audio, I tried to play movies with these audio codecs and in fact they no longer appear on the display of my AVR, on DTS-HD it appears DTS and True-HD does not reproduce any sound, too bad because the previous version were present and worked well. Why this change? Thank you.

Check in audio settings(in 2 places there) that correct devices selected HDMI and HDMI Multi Ch PCM

Thanks, it was my mistake, I found the two codecs and selected them, I hadn’t seen them, I apologize.

Tvheadend. Looks like whatever the problem is its unique to the C4 and CE. No issues with CE on my La Frite or Kodi on Windows.

Will record a sample and upload it.

Hi all,

Is this the right discussion topic to post this issue? If not, can a moderator point me to the correct one?

Thanks in advance,

We don’t include cryptsetup iirc.

Using Odroid N2
I’ve jut noticed that subsampling setting is missing from Coreelec settings. Is this intentional or bug?

Just wanted to mention this build is working nicely on my MeCool BB2 (non-pro) S912 box. Best Build so far, no errors I can find, runs smoothly, almost as good as my Odroid N2.

1 Like

I have problems with hdmi-cec. when I turn off the tv and turn it back on, the odroid N2 always turns on. I have tried all the configurations in the “hardware” section and kodi. Any suggestion? Thank you