9.2.4.2 Discussion

I noticed the ‘Syncthing’ too - must be a typo surely?
Minor stuff but maybe someone might like to correct it while doing other work in there

FYI
I have a NextBox A95x- B7N 2/16 and got syspend working
Note:- I have previously flash an atvxperience rom (which I don’t use)

I enabled “inject bl301 blob” via Coreelect config menu, then
added the wake up code to config.ini

remotewakeup=‘0xe31cdf00’
decode_type=‘0x0’
remotewakeupmask=‘0xffffffff’

There is a software called Syncthing. But indeed this is a typo, although a good one.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you cycle8898 for passing this on.

I tested atvXperience on that box also. It was running pretty smooth to my recollection.

@Portisch maybe this is something for the next build?

I have a NextBox A95x- B7N 2/16 and got syspend working
Note:- I have previously flash an atvxperience rom (which I don’t use)

I enabled “inject bl301 blob” via Coreelect config menu, then
added the wake up code to config.ini

remotewakeup=‘0xe31cdf00’
decode_type=‘0x0’
remotewakeupmask=‘0xffffffff’

I posted earlier in the nightly thread that I’m sometimes having issues resuming playback from the main menu (Movies or Files dialog). The screen just freezes, nothing happens and after a while, Kodi returns to the main screen so it has crashed.

I was able to reproduce this problem by starting and resuming various items with debug logging enabled. The logfile is over 7MB so I just cut the last bit of it to https://pastebin.com/6bBCNMk4. That part has some playback, then I stopped the video and chose another one to resume but then Kodi crashed.

My box is a Odroid N2, Kodi 9.2.4.1.

Have you tried updating to 9.2.4.2 as a number of issues were fixed, including one regarding CEC that seemed to be be causing some lockups and slowness of operation at times.

I have seen what you had on my S905X2 box but they seem not to have come back after the update to 9.2.4.2.

1 Like

Yes the CEC bug slowed down the interface. Please update to 9.2.4.2.

Didn’t update yet, it probably wasn’t out yesterday evening as autoupdate didn’t prompt me. Of course, I’ll retest this one and it’s quite easy to reproduce since it seems to occur very often.

Does the bug also affect systems without CEC? And is it now possible to disable CEC in the settings? Previously it wouldn’t stay disabled.

the bug especially effects system that doesn’t support CEC or have it disabled.
Auto update is off. But if you change to manual you can see it in the list. Alternatively you can make a manual tar update.

1 Like

I have now run a barrage of tests using 9.2.4.2 on my A95X Max.

Playback of local files on external media, internal storage and LAN of many resolutions, codecs, bit rates etc.

Streaming through Youtube, iPlayer, ITV Player, Comedy Central and more, again from SD to 4K.

OTA TV through DVB-T/T2, including recording and post processing with comskip.

A little gameplay using EmuELEC addon 3.7.

I also noticed a fix that I suspect may have been unintended but is now present in that where before, for a while now, every time that I update I have had to replace the DTB with an older version to allow poweroff to work correctly instead if the box rebooting, it now powers off by default.

One other thing is that when I go to Hardware information, I always found that the initial CPU speed would be at 1800MHz for 30 seconds or so before dropping to 667MHz (probably because the skin was using more CPU for a short period). It now shows 667Mhz straight away (I use ondemand for the CPU governor).

So perhaps this indicates a performance related improvement that I also notice, especially in this hot weather has also reduced the average temp to 64/65 degrees, whereas I was getting 68-71 degrees under recent previous versions.

Unfortunately I am unable to find an issue that requires a fix so far.

Great work team, things just get better and better :clap: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

I succeed in installing 9.2.4.1 NG on SD in a x96 mini fake S950L 1/16GB with Android 7.1. Wifi working. I recall that on non NG 9.2.4.1 wifi failed to work. I confirm that with 9.2.4.2 non NG wifi is OK as it was with 9.2.3. BTW with 9.2.4.2 NG wifi syncing BAD but OK with NON NG 9.2.4.2

I then tried cemmc -x and it failed

CoreELEC (official): 9.2.4.1 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
Carlos:~ # ceemmc -x

Starting CoreELEC eMMC installation tool…

System is not supported: gxl_p212_1g!

There is NO official support by Team CoreELEC
if you continue to run this tool!
Continue? [y]: y
Parameter for block device ‘mmcblk0’ not found: ‘/sys/block/mmcblk0/size’
Failed to read eMMC size! Exit!

I then issue the command
dmesg | grep mmc | paste
ant the result is on
http://ix.io/2ukA

Any suggestion? Thanks

hello,
I saw that version 9.2.4.2 has just been released. I am currently on 9.2.4.1 on my Odroid N2+.
The update will be done automatically ?
Thanks for your help.

Normally we wait 1-2 days to see if any major bugs show up. In case you are using petitboot make sure to update it before.

thank you for the answer. I don’t use petitboot, just an emmc card for coreelec with my odroid n2 +.
I will therefore wait 2 days for the update to be proposed.
Thanks !

You can set to manual in the CE Settings and then go to Available Builds and update it already.

oh, great, thanks for the tip! there will be no problem going from version 9.2.4.1 to 9.2.4.2 ?

It’s only bugfixes especially for CEC and GUI problems. The only thing to care for is petitboot if you use it.

okay, thanks for that clarification. I don’t use the petitboot (my odroid n2 + is just used for coreelec)

I confirm that green issue resurfaced in my x96 mini S905W 2g 16g box after 9.2.4.2 new installation in sd card.

Post logs please.

dmesg | paste
journalctl | paste
dispinfo