9.2.4.2 Discussion

Disable the ‘active route’ in CE settings, hardware, CEC

2 Likes

After the autoupdate to 9.2.4.2 i have a extrem weird sound issue. When my box boots into Kodi i have a very loud sound on my boxes. It just stops if you playback anything,but if you hit pause oder stop the noise is back.

The Box is a Mini M8s II 2 GB RAM with a S905X in it.
I guess with analog Audio out instead of HDMI there is no Soundproblem, so the problem has something the digital output.

That’s it. Thanks :slight_smile:

My tx5(s905x) using ng version started crashing after few hours, 9.2.4.1 didn’t have this problem…

No logs no problem to solve; nobody here is clairvoyant to pinpoint your problem :wink:

GXL is still experimental

Already got back to previous version, but I can generate any logs needed, just need clear instructions.
My usage is 99% livetv, (h264/ts), from another tvheadend server on the network

I know, just reporting, was using ng funhouse builds without any problems, those crashes started on this 9.2.4.2 version.

I have a Ugoos AM6 Plus. Yesterday, I installed the new 0.3.7 firmware Ugoos made available. After doing so, everything works normally with Kodi in Android but if I launch CoreELEC, everything is stretched including Kodi’s entire interface. If watching a film or TV series it’s like watching dwarves so I change the video setting to 4:3 and that improves it a bit. The problem with this is that people appear tall and thin and much of the screen is missing.

I tried rebooting but that made on difference. Should I try reinstalling CE 9.2.4.2 from scratch? I should point out that I used the manual update option to install 9.2.4.2 prior to updating the Ugoos firmware.

When you talk about Ugoos dual boot firmware, yes. Reflash Android and use ceemmc.
Ugoos dual boot firmware is unsupported by CoreELEC.

I don’t have it on dual-boot. I installed CoreELEC on an SD card.

There is some expert around here who doesn’t like my solution, but I can assure you that it has been working for a long time … and very well, on all amlogic and amlogic-ng devices.

Include the following in /storage/.config/autostart.sh

# set resolution for best performances with little CPU / GPU warming
fw_setenv hdmimode 1080i50hz
fw_setenv outputmode 1080i50hz
echo 1080i50hz > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap

Note.- Replace 1080i50hz with the value that you want and that is supported by your TV.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion cubimol but I don’t understand what you are asking me to do. I’m not a very advanced user.

Also, I do not have a TV. I run my AM6 through an Xgimi H3 projector. Before I updated the AM6’s firmware last night, CoreELEC v9.2.4.2 was running correctly, at least as far as Kodi’s display was concerned.

Those commands are required one time only. No need to put them inside autostart. First 2 commands are not required at all with recent 9.2.4.2.
The 3rd command is very problematic because you will only have one mode.
You will have lots of stutters etc.
You should rather use serveral entries in disp_cap and you kodi will use 1080i50hz for gui if you set the Settings in Kodi.

I recommend you to install CE from scratch.
It looks like you made some changes in video settings that you don’t need to change.
Or you need to find them… stretched video is video settings related

I didn’t make any changes to the system itself. The change I made to 4:3 was during video playback and affected uniquely the video I was watching. It had zero effect on the GUI.

Which version of 9.2.4.2 should I download to install please?

Reinstall is normally not required. Posting logs is the right way.

Ok, I will try to do that then.

I have no advanced knowledge of anything mentioned here!
But I can guarantee that the commands mentioned by the member @cubimol
This worked I have no tears in the gui, I have no locks, not even slowness (use coreelec for live tv).
Without this option coreelec works well for a few hours and then my box and KI Pro start showing problems.

Possible you saved 4:3 settings for all videos