9.2.4.2 Discussion

Installed the NG version on my mxq pro+ with a s905x and 2gb ram. First reinstalled android then used ceemmc to install to internal memory. No problems so far, everything seems to be working. Thanks devs.

Not sure if itā€™s related. I also noticed the UI sound effect is a little bit delay(about 0.5 seconds) than the cursor moving when I click up/down buttons on my TV controller. I didnā€™t notice this in previous versions.

Installed the NG version on my x96 mini with a s905w and 2gb ram. My screen becomes green on installation screen?

Hi I have this problem as well, on a X96 Max+, If I turn on the TV first, then turn on the box it boots ok, but If I turn on box first and let it turn on the TV via CEC it goes to a green screen.

here itā€™s much better than before.

Works perfect on my (Mecool-KM8) S905X boxā€¦

My TV donā€™t have CEC support. But if i turn on the box first and then the TV i get stuck on green screen too.

Nexbox a95x s905x 2GB/16GB on NG builds. No problem on builds with kernel 3.14

Maybe this changed in 4.9 kernel. When no TV is available the driver is init by the wrong resolution as no info got received from TV. So be sure to turn on TV before booting the box is best.

No I donā€™t think itā€™s the 4.9 Kernel, I have reverted back to previous stable release NG 9.2.3 version and all works perfect, power up box and TV together , Tv goes into standby and then is turned on by X96 Max+ booting and the correct HDMI port is selected automatically.

Stable 9.2.3 works on old 3.14 Kernel, not on 4.9, so why do you think itā€™s not a Kernel issue?

So after taking a bit longer then originally expected.

The final 9.2.4 builds are now uploaded, and can be found on our usual download page.

https://coreelec.org/#download

The auto update will be activated on Sunday.

Changes since the 9.2.3.95(Release Candidate)

bl301: support for GXL devices on amlogic-ng builds
fixup wol and usbpower options for N2/N2Plus

ceemmc: added official support for Beelink & MINIX devices

Iā€™ve been using CEEMMC on Ugoos AM6 for several generations (of both the Ugoos Android and CE OSā€™s) - have successfully committed CE to shared storage on EMMC alongside Android as well as removing again (then re-applying) in order to update the Android firmware via OTA app.

Iā€™d like to suggest that it would be reasonable to give Ugoos full status also.
Please let me know if there are further questions/tests you would like in order to validate - but for my own purposes at least, the CEEMMC commands have executed flawlessly.
I have not tested single boot installation (i.e. deleting and replacing Android completely with stand-alone CE on EMMC) however I canā€™t forsee any issues, given how well the dual boot system execution (and reversal) works.

As Ugoos is no official supporter of CE: no.
No help on not officially supported devices by using ceemmc!

Thank you for all your hard work, I have installed v 9.2.4 on my Beelink GT Kingā€™s SD-card as I have been using for many months without problems.

I tried to install to EMMC, but the ceemmc tool does not work correctly when I try to install the dual boot (mode 1) keeping my android installation:

Please choose one option? [1/2/3/4]: 1

Free space of 'partition CE_FLASH': 512MB
Free space of 'partition CE_STORAGE': 52163MB

Used space of '/flash': 225MB
Used space of '/storage': 4878331MB
New partition is too small to cover data of '/storage' from current boot device!
Free space on 'CE_STORAGE' partition: 512MB
Used space on '/storage': 4878331819415

When I remove SD card and reboot it goes to Android.

If I start the ceemmc tool again it writes that no coreelec partition is found:

Starting CoreELEC eMMC installation tool...
eMMC size: 0x000e67800000 [64GB]
No CoreELEC installation found on eMMC

This is the first time I try the ceemmc tool, so maybe I am doing something wrong.

UPDATE: Found the problem, I had USB dirs mounted to the /storage - of course these should not be included in the emmc copy process. Perhaps it would be wise for the ceemmc tool to check for and skip sync of mounts in the /storage ?

Do you have enough free space en emmc? You have too much data on Android or on CE to install both on emmc.

Yes, my Android system is totally clean - as in no apps installed at all. I have only used Coreelec, since I got the box.

i just updated gt king and a95x f3 to 9.2.4 stable, all went normal and smooth. watching netflix is ā€‹ā€‹also smooth. thank you to all team

Does the amlogic-ng kernel mean that the S905X now uses a full 10 bit pipeline for HDR and no more 8bit+dithering?

As far as I can recall the discussions in the past this was a kernel limitation.
Does the amlogic-ng kernel have any other image quality related changes compared to the old kernel?

I updated from RC to final release on a Beelink GT King rev.A using eMMC. Very impressed by the uptime duration, I thought it had failed :smiley:

As far as I know, this is a limitation of the SoC, so this shouldnā€™t have been changed.