9.2.4.2 Discussion

Perhaps you will need firmware from another box with similar characteristics (S905X, 1gb ram). If you only use CE.

Installed the RC on my Bqeel Y8 max (S905x3, 4/64 GiB, Gigabit LAN) with success.

The pause and then chopped play was fixed with x265 media.

Beelink Mini MXIII S905 reacting slow as hell after RC update, like its about 7-8 seconds delay after pressing down any button on remote . Back to 9.2.3, no issue. Anyone same problem?

updated on my n2+

Still getting issues reguarding playback of recorded TV, Mostly ITV HD, issue not present on the windows version of kodi, or 9.2.1 running on my n2.
dispinfo just after a few skips and freezesā€¦
http://ix.io/2tdW

dmesg|paste
http://ix.io/2tdY

disabling hardware acceleration for h264 seems to create smooth video playback but introduces massive lipsync issues.

Matt

The Multi H264 decoder is super buggy. Unfortunately on SM1 the single H264 decoder is not working properly. The N2 and N2+ could however benefit maybe.

so sit tight then and wait?

Thanks

Matt

There are several different issues flying around. All seem to be British Broadcasting. Dunno why.

But if I find more time I will look into them again.

Anything I can provide log wise, samples etc let me no.

Matt

Same, or at least similar, issue with Vim3L and Odroid N2. Turning off CEC via config.ini seems to alleviate the problem but Iā€™ve little idea why.

K1-pro with ng 4.9
Tvheadend ok dvb-c (teledunya)
Oscam ok
Channels zapping slow than 3.14
But everything seems to be ok
Only problems dont work hw oled driver. I used ssd1309 and works with openvfd 3.14 addon but no works 4.9 (I use vfd.con i2c)
Wifi ok
Wifi AP not working (ip problems)
Thanks to team of coreelec

1 Like

So it looks like it wonā€™t be Tuesday(Today) after all for the final 9.2.4 release.

We have one problem that is taking longer then expected to confirm and appropriately deal with.

I will post an update once I can make a better guess as to when a final 9.2.4 release will be ready.

4 Likes

I recorded some ITV HD too on my S905X2 but was unable to replicate any issues.

It is odd that it would happen with just the one HD channel recording when there are otherā€™s that come though on the same PBS3 mux.

i am on nightly channel, will it update itself to stable (9.2.4) or does it stay on nightly? because the last time (9.2.3) it made that itself, but today i am still running on the nightly from 31.7 and no update message

I think the 9.2.4 release has been delayed a bitā€¦

Testing on the Vim3L, same issues updating from 7/15 nightly with super slow gui response which is fixed by disabling CEC in config.ini.
A couple of noticable things, after 15 minutes of idling the temp was up to 144 F. It had never before gone above 132, After 2 hours of sitting the temperature dropped down to 138 F.
When browsing movies the screen would blank as it seemed to be buffering.
The N@ is handling it all much better. Although I do miss CEC, didnā€™t realize how much I used it before, the other improvements make it worthwhile. Will have to figure out some added cooling for the CoreElec version on the Vim3L

Downgrading to the libcec 4.0.4 seems to have solved the problems and enable CEC! Has held through several reboots. This on the N@, will check on Vim3L later.

1 Like

Update 9.2.3.95

Method used: tarball

Beelink GT-King, REV. B Success. No any problems noted. Tested,CEC, 4K HDR, Netflix , some different HD clipsā€¦ All working fine for me.

1 Like

Update 9.2.3.95 NG
S905X, 2G RAM, working fine, but when CEC enabled - no control volume.

I notice a bit slower response with ng builds on Tanix TX5Pro(s905x) upon starting/stopping videos, switching from channel list to home screen or settings. Interface hangs for a few seconds.

I upgraded a Beelink GT King rev.A, no issue so far (Iā€™m ā€œonlyā€ using it for local material, 1080p/2160p .mkv, with S/PIDF output).

Thanks to all the devs !

Call me crazy but I donā€™t think NG and S905X are a good matchā€¦