9.2.5 Discussion

Ok,

I first tried again without changing ANYTHING and now it works !!!

Seems that the jellyfin repository does that from time to time,
I got this answer on the jellyfin forum,
https://forum.jellyfin.org/t/depository-dependencys-not-working-on-coreelec-9-2-5/3370

Thank you for your testing,

Hans

1 Like

Is it possible to access LVM storage with CE? I see lvm tool is not available. Is there an easy way to add it?

Edit: Ok, got it working with

installentware
opkg install lvm2

Then add export LVM_SYSTEM_DIR=/opt/etc/lvm to /opt/etc/profile and /opt/etc/init.d/S06lvm2

Unfortunately udev rules for activating and mounting LV are missing.

Hi.

I have such a problem. I have installed CoreElec 9.2.5 (ng version) on the Mini M8S II (2/16 GB) android box and everything works fine.

I have a USB drive connected to the box and when I want to send a larger file (e.g. a movie), the following error appears after a few moments of copying: 0X8007003B

On the regular CoreElec version (without ng) this problem does not exist.

Am I doing something wrong?

0X8007003B is a network error indicating one of the following:

• Incompatible File system.
  • Interference in data transfer due to firewall or antivirus application.
  • Invalid sectors in the target hardware.
  • Corrupted or outdated system files.
  • Malware infection.
  • Bandwidth restrictions.

I know what this error is about. The point is that on the non ng version (I’ve been using it for several months) there has never been such a problem.

However, after uploading the ng version, this problem appears with each copied file.

I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

You’re not doing anything wrong.

Just maybe try one thing: format a USB drive to fat32 or exfat and see if the problem persists. Remember to first make a backup of the files on the USB drive.

Logs are always appreciated by the team members. They immensely help with trying to figure out what’s going on.

Sad to see no new Hyperion-ng version in this release.

Add-ons are independent from release version

1 Like

Hi, a few days ago I bought a new LG CX and noticed that when I turn on the TV, my N2 also starts up (version 9.2.5). I have all CEC functions turned off on the TV, and all CEC functions are turned off in the Marantz amp. Nevertheless, the N2 turns on automatically. I noticed that there is also a CEC Wake-Up switch in the CoreELEC settings (set to Off by me). But I don’t think this setting is working properly as it changes to On after every restart. Is this a known bug? The previous TV I used was the LG C7 and I have never noticed such behavior. My signal path: N2 -> Marantz AVR -> LG CX.

Yesterday I installed the latest firmware for LG CX and unexpectedly the problem with N2 automatic switching on when starting the TV stopped. So maybe it was some TV firmware bug.
Another thing is that you cannot permanently disable this option in CoreELEC (CEC Wake-up). It sets itself to On after each restart.

Let me check it if the option is not saved

EDIT: @sojer2005 I can confirm the CEC Wake-up option is not stored. You can override this disable all other CEC options. Then the wake up should be disabled. I will work on a fix for this issue.

2 Likes

Snap… lol

Matt

1 Like

The only off topic question.
I have Magicsee N5 Nova(RK3318 4g/64g) also.
Pity I can’t find any RK CPUs support here :disappointed_relieved:
Can anyone help me?
Any advice are welcomed except “throw it away”.
Thanx and sorry for offtop guys.

CoreELEC is Amlogic platform only. Try your luck with LibreELEC

Thanx but I tryed this before. RK3328 only there.
Luck is not with me this time too.

I would like to just report that I had video lagging issue with this version 9.2.5 on Odroid N2. During play backing of a Netflix video it was lagging from time to time. When I had a look at the process info, the CPU #2-#5 were at the top. See it on screenshot

After lot of investigation I finally installed the previous version 9.2.4.2 and the issue was gone. No lagging and the CPU #2-#5 were on its half. I played back the same video and did the screenshot at the same point of time (7:05) .

You uploaded the same screenshot twice?

Late night editing :). I have upload the correct screenshot.

The same issue on s905x3. With CE 9.2.4.2 works. With 9.2.5 - lags

1 Like

Don’t know what is your problem, just to mention that on my N2 all Netflix streams play with the same CPU load on 9.2.5 as they did on 9.2.4.2.