9.2.6 Discussion

it doesn’t work in the Matrix either probably the same bug as in version 9.2.6 http://ix.io/2RFM

N2 and CEC works here without issues.

@forsajd please try todays nightly. Doesn’t matter if 9.2 or Matrix.

Thanks for mentioning this. There was a few little bugs in the legacy download page source code.(You stay up to late working on something and you end up making typos) This should be resolved now, and the right download file should be offered for 9.2.6 legacy now.

yes …thanks for your work… I will wait for 9.2.7 8-))

It already works, the HDMI CEC was blocked by an HDMI cable, but not the one that was connected to the N2, but another, coreelec was fine

1 Like

Also having similar playback issues on 9.2.6 on my ODROID N2 that others have reported in this thread.
Whenever starting a file from a samba share, the video would start playing for a few seconds with no sound, then the video would freeze up, but the subtitles and the playback timer would keep going. If I try to stop the video then, the UI would freeze up and I would have to powercycle the device.

One thing I have noticed is that if I pause the video while in that initial few seconds, and seek back to the beginning, the video would then play with no issues.

I just rolled back to 9.2.5 and have no issues with playback again, will just stick with 9.2.5 since the 9.2.6 changes don’t seem to benefit me too much.

why the heck you would write this?
If you are not willing help devs to fix an issue, maybe would be better write nothing.

Is that so hard to enable debug, recreate issue, and then write the text with attached logs? The devs would definitivelly look on that issue. Statement “something is wrong I am rollbacking, bye” doesnt help anyone - neither you, devs, and other possible users also.

I’ve got a few issues.

S905X3 box, HDMI EDID issue (? - I don’t use CEC). If my TV is on before the box then I get the splash screen for a few seconds then it goes to no signal, turning the tv off then on again makes it pickup and go to the kodi home screen. This is the opposite of what I’ve always done, TV on then box, it’s a pain and didn’t happen with 9.2.5

S912 box, audio cuts out after 1-2 seconds on every file (thread raised here), have to rewind or toggle a setting to reset audio (passthrough on/off etc) to make it come back then it works fine. Again fine on S912.

For first case try nightly if it fixes your issue. If not - collect logs via ssh and ce-debug output
For S912 box it possible you have wrong setting enabled, please also collect full log.

Hi, I updated my S912 box to 9.2.6 and have audio issues, all was fine on 9.2.5. I’ll try get logs tomorrow (any guides?).

Basically when I play something it plays the audio for about 1-2 seconds then goes silent, I have to either skip back or if that doesn’t work I have to go to audio settings and change something to cause it to reset (e.g. toggle passthrough on then off again). Once I’ve done one of those work arounds it’s fine again till the next file then does the same again, it’s doing it consistantly though and like I said, never had an issue with 9.2.5. If it matters it’s a Kingbox K3.

There were already logs posted earlier from other users with the same issue, and going to a clean install to make the logs if the issue comes up is far more work than just rolling back.

I’m just providing one possible fix for the general user if their ODROID-N2 has been crashing on playback for the last week for some inexplicable reason on this version.

Every few stable/production releases of CoreELEC appear to lose the Ethernet network driver for the MINIX NEO U1 (s905) box.

In every instance, I verify the Device Tree/DTB is correct (gxbb_p200_2G_minix_neo_u1). I also attempt re-install several times to be certain.

The WiFi driver continues to work; only the Ethernet is affected.

In the latest 9.2.6 release (CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.6-Generic), the Ethernet is again missing, along with all subsequent nightlies.

Could this driver be re-added to the ARM-Generic build?

Thank you in advance!

I have a rather silly question in that it isn’t very technical.
When I first installed CoreElec, a nice sound effect played every time I booted into CoreElec (in unison with the splash screen). Since v9.2.4 it no longer does that and I can’t find anything in either CoreElec or Kodi’s settings to enable it. Is it still possible and if so, where is this option please?

Have H96 max X3 (S905X3). Installed many same boxes with 9.2.5 CEC working. Today I installed another with 9.2.6 stable. CEC not working on the same LG tv :frowning:
Strange thing is that in previous boxes there was X96 boot logo now there is HK1 boot logo… Maybe different he version?

Hi
Thanks for your support and your time !
I have X905x3 4/32 with 9.2.6 ng and I don’t know if this was already fixed in any nightly but sometimes I lost the HDMI signal when the movie end and return to kodi Gui it stay black screen …and/or with strange artifacts green red washed… I checked the logs compared to 9.2.5 and there is nothing here different (I never had this issue with 9.2.5).
Is this problem fixed on nightly or 9.2.7 ?

You can test nightly if it fixed or not.
If not, then collect logs on nightly version to check.
There were some hdmi fixes… it possible that your issue fixed too.

Did you fix some hdmi bugs from 9.2.5 to 9.2.6 ? (I mean I updated from 9.2.5 and I can try a fresh 9.2.6 install if there was …)

Oooops I was wrong I just tried 9.2.5 ng and its the same I get this issue too… so this come from there… may be a fresh 9.2.6 install will fix this… this is why I would like to know if there was some HDMI fix from 9.2.5 to 9.2.6 ?

There were some HDMI changes in Amlogic code between this version… And reported HDMI bugs were fixed in our nightly version.
Try nightly first and upload logs if still have issue.
Of course you can try clean install on different sd/usb card to check.

And also for artifacts HDMI cable could be the main reason.