A95X F3 Air Feedback Install CE

Aren’t you missing two big cons?
Bluetooth chip (MT7668) is not supported - not mfr’s fault, just not supported ATM
Encrypted bootloader

I added the Bluetooth CE issue in my post.

Considering i payed under $30.00 USD delivered,
Spare change can buy a cheap Bluetooth USB adapter.

Encrypted Bootloader is not an issue for me.
Not sure if my Box with the CURRENT Firmware Dated 9th March 2020
has an Encrypted Bootloader ?
Standard ToothPick SD Card CE Installation worked straight away.

The IR On/Off remote code is hardcoded in the bootloader as it should be.
No ON/OFF issues with CE.

1 Like

Thanks for the great info. kostaman :+1:

Hello friends, is there a way to record it in the internal memory ??? try with ceemmc -x, -v, and it does the process but does not start, it works only from SD, any solution? bluethot doesn’t work either.

Thanks in advance.

Disclose your hardware specs
Disclose your Android Firmware Version Date

I haven’t tried eMMC CE Install
Nor will i.
So have to wait for someone to reply who has LATEST Android Firmware.
They may have unlocked the Encrypted Bootloader on Latest Firmware.

Forget about the Bluetooth Fix in the foreseeable future.
Adam tried with hours spent on it.

Under $5.00 for a Bluetooth USB adapter.

@kostaman
Thanks for the detailed steps, I am able to get it running A95X F3 with latest nightly build, how CoreElec benefits over pre installed Kodi available in the Android OS.
Heat issue exist any better solution found.

Just curious to know

The biggest problem with these boxes is the the casings are so small that heat is trapped within the box.
I took the top section of the case off and ran it with as normal for a couple of hours.
The temperatures dropped to the low 50c and high 40c.

I have stripped out the top case LED and 2 bits as shown in my pic below which helped reduce temps by 10%.

I only use Android Kodi to compare if issues in CoreELEC are found.

CoreELEC runs much cooler than Android Kodi.

3 Likes

I always find it bizarre that design is often put before function with these boxes. Seems to me that with better ventilation and a cheap but functional heat sink many boxes would be much improved?

Are we seeing a convergence of SBC’s (single board computers) and TV boxes? Seems that Beelink have gone down the PC route but I’ve no idea what they’re like as I can’t afford one!!! Well for £200 you can buy a good dedicated PC secondhand. Small but powerful would be bliss though!

Anyone trying successful bl301 injection i try but everytime brings an error

What is it you are trying to achieve using bl301 injection ?

I want to achive normal turn on and off with remote because i use it on non cec tv and if i turned it off i must reconnect power cord to turn it on

I don’t have that issue.
I have the 2gb / 16gb model.
Check your Firmware too.

The supplier sent me a new firmware for my box, A95XF3 Air Android 9.0. 4/32GB
A95X_F3_AIR_20191125senk.rar 890 MB
Contents in ths zip file are:-
5 items, 1.02 GB in total ・

905X video.rar 137 MB
A95X_F3_AIR_20191125senk.rar 890 MB
USB_Burning_Tool_v2.1.7.0.zip 7.66 MB
tool_SD.rar 3.43 MB
tool_USB.rar 10 MB

Let me know if anyone wants it.

2 Likes

There is a file name: password.bin which may be needed (loaded into) when using USB_Burning_Tool_ whatever version.

1 Like

Hi, Just a quick question, I have purchased one of these. Got coreelec running with remote and vfd working etc.

You noted that the LED is always on even when you switch it off, Mine is the same, I assume the box is completely off because it displays “no signal” on my TV.

Is it safe to just disconnect the LED wire from the board to stop this?

Thanks

If the Led is not off, then the box is not completely turned off. If you can turn it on with a remote than it’s also not completely off.
No signal on display, only means that video output via HDMI is cut off, nothing more…

Are you sure? The reason I ask is @kostaman has noted the same.
This happens when either powering down via the menu in coreelec or via the button on the remote.

When turning it back on from this “off” state it goes through the whole boot process again, It is not an instant on.

Yes, I’m sure. It’s not in a complete Off state if the LED is ON. It’s in standby state, ready to be turned on via remote control, WOL or CEC.
When the box is in complete Off state, nothing of mentioned turning-on method is possible.

I did it and everything is ok. LED disconnected from board without problems.

1 Like

Ok so basically the box is never truly 100% off because it always needs to be able to receive the “command” to turn back on?

But in essence the fact that it is going through the whole boot procedure and not instant on means that it is as “off” as it can be? So the fact that it has a little always power running through it is the reason the light stays on?

@kodiwpigulce_pl
That’s great thanks for letting me know you haven’t had any issues doing that.