A95X F3 Air Feedback Install CE

Yes, and yes. There are basically 3 states, “Sleep” or “Suspend” - with (almost) instant-on state, “Deep Sleep” or “Stand By” which boots to on state and complete 100% Power Off.(cutting the power to the box)
The Power menu option in Kodi to “Power off system” in fact brings it to Deep Sleep or Stand By state not to 100% power off.

1 Like

Excellent, Thanks for the explanation. Guess I will just unplug the cable to stop the garish lights :slight_smile:

Or mount a switch on the power line going to the adapter, as I do; much simpler that de-soldering the LED :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help, I actually just finished de-soldering them :laughing:

Talk about paranoia, I assume that blue light (likely from the VFD) on the front/underside was always there and I just didn’t notice?

https://postimg.cc/zVXRS7nY

Hi kostaman, which firmware version you have in box?

I have the 2gb/16gb

I just got one of these a95x f3 air boxes setup (2/16 version). This does have 5ghz wifi which I’m using, and it works well. The wifi was listed on the back as 2.4/5GHz.

I’m using the remote.conf and vfd.conf in this thread. With this remote.conf, it mostly works, but the page up/page down keys don’t work, and the repeat doesn’t work. So it’s hard to scroll through long lists. Has anybody gotten those to work?

1 Like

Thanks, that worked, and it’s much better.

I didn’t even notice those buttons on the left aren’t page up/page down but rather youtube and netflix buttons. I have a similar remote for another box that is blue & grey with page up/page down. Maybe I’ll figure out how to remap them eventually.

its very hard to follow

Don’t use old Nightlies mentioned in an old post.

Remote works better with this post i made
Use 9.2.4.2

hello edragon if you can send me that firmware i really need it urgently

Missed your message, sorry.
HERE > A95X_F3_AIR_20191125senk.rar

I have this box, don’t use it often though (I use a s905x as daily driver). Kodi 19 seems to works fine on it, but … I cannot use the ceemmc tool with this box. It completes without error, but after a reboot it boots into Android. If I toothpick into CoreElec again and run ceeemc another time, it says no CoreElec installation found on emc.

just jumping by to leave the AES keys to decrypt the bootloader image

openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -nopad -d -K 223231CE195A1259DFB6C9CA9F0D58A4407952A35FF55860052FAB173379BFE0 -iv 8FAC6E16223BC185EA6347C69D249750 -in bootloader.a95x.img -out bootloader.a95x.plain.img

i have not found the AES keys for the bl33 image that is within yet
also havent found the AES keys for kernel/dtb yet :frowning_face:

1 Like

What I know is the full 4mb of the bootloader is just complete encrypted with same key. Just decrypt 4mb of the bootloader and check if you can find strings related to bl33.

no bl33 related strings but there are bl2 related strings, so the key is correct for the entire thing, seems like bl33 is encrypted with an additional key

And how you got the key? It’s normally burned into bl1 in SoC. Brute force?

Can you share the encrypted bootloader dump? 4mb or maybe it’s 8mb!?

i extracted the key using frederics bootrom exploit (there will be a writeup soon as to how the key was dumped for another device, same process tho)

the bootloader dump is about 1.3mb big, i took it out of a factory package
https://images.stricted.net/test/bootloader.a95x.plain.img

Very nice! I used this blog to for bl301 injection :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Ist this the encrypted img or is it already decrypted?