A95x max v81 dead

I am talking about the Card burnmaker, I have never used the usb burning tool, we are talking about different tools.

You don’t need a licence using the card maker tool

As @bubblegum57 said already you can not use CE img for this tool. You need to use a Android image provided for your device.

Yes that is correct, I had missed that you mentioned it specifically.

I have just tried Burn Card Maker on my box but was unable to get it to work, which was surprising as it is normally quite reliable on AML boxes.

I just get a black screen with no progress, so it might potentially be a no go for this one.

Have you tried the guide I linked? https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/advertisers-and-vendor-support-area/geekbuying-com/759242-a95x-max-s905x2-android-8-1-tv-box-firmware-update-20190109
I guess not!
There is the Android FW for your box, and also linked the USB_Burning_Tool & guide to recover via USB or SDcard.
You need to recover to Stock Android, don’t fiddle with other images!
Alternatively you can try to use the procedure @bubblegum57 suggested, for sure with the same Stock Android Firmware from the link above.
Now it’s your turn.
Over & Out

It seems like xfocus, has given up here looking for help here.

https://forum.librelc.tv/thread/21895-install-l*-on-dead-a95x-max-v81/

swap * for e in link, seems like Librelc is a banned word.

Either way I hope he/she gets it sorted.

1 Like

Eight members all tried to help even though he started this thread saying he flashed CE and his box bricked.

He can wander off looking for some Mainline Miracle to suddenly wake his box and play everything he throws at it.

2 Likes

Is there anyway you could flash an image over usb?

Yes it works with the USB Burning Tool.

guys thank you for your help,

@rho-bot yes i did try the Stock Android with SD card (because PC don’t recognize the USB ) but it the same result no boot nothing only black screen and in the UART (putty COM4) i get this code that loop indefinitely

¦G12A:BL:0253b8:61aa2d;FEAT:F0F831B0:12020;POC:F;RCY:0;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;SD?:0;USB:8;LOOP:1;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;SD?:0;USB:8;OO¦¦¦¦EMMC:0;READ:0;KZK:1G;READ:0;CHK:1F;S\Q¦s¦CHK:1F;SD?:0;USB:8;LOOP:3;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;READ:0;CHK:1F;SD?:0;USB:8;LOOP:4;EMMC:0;READ:0;CHK:1F;S¦]C¦¦¦CHK:1F;Su]¦¦{CHK:1F;SD?:0;USB:8;

i did try @bubblegum57 method and it the same nothing…

i don’t why but the only *.img that boot is A95XMAX_boot.img, and i get the U-boot interface command.

do you know how to flash the boot.img recovery.img and system.img manually via U-boot command?

because this is the only way i have know

Have you followed the last piece of advice that was given on the other forum that you posted on?

xfocus, don’t be upset, but with how many resources (time, electricity, cables, etc …) you consumed to bring this box back to life, it would be cheaper if you bought a new one. Well, passion requires sacrifices, I don’t condemn you, I’ve done it before and I’ve succeeded a few times.

you might get help from the freaktab forum

There is a thread there too, so all options are being utilised.

I am sorry, but you definitely doing something wrong. The SoC (bl1) is searching for bl2 somewhere and do not find it. Not on eMMC, uSD or USB.

You are talking about booting, but recovering is different. You cannot boot the box with these recovery image. The Stock ROM is encrypted and needs to be written with a special tool either via USB to the box or to SDcard.
grafik
Have you followed the advice from @Compent here?
If it doesn’t work for you, try the tutorial video @mark1978 linked here (there are also different FW and Tools linked)

Regarding USB-port:
For sure this will not show up as normal device in PC, as the box doesn’t boot. You have to start the Burning tool, which will monitor for a dedicated USB device ID to show up. You also have to start the box in a special DL mode (from within the still existing AML SOC bootloader), which is done by pressing the recovery switch while powering the box. But you will need a special USB A male to USB A male cable.

After you recovered to Stock ROM, you still have all options for CE to run from SD.

Note that CEMMC doesn’t work with this box, so don’t try it or you will end up back at square 1, which is where I found myself and recovered using the link I posted.

@rho-bot thank you for your help.

i did try @mark1978 video but still nothing, the amlogic burning tools don’t see the USB.
i did try different burning tools same result no connection.

btw i didn’t know that i cannot boot with the recovery img that why i did get the loops in the log i think.

but how i can flash the recovery img if i don’t have a bootloader inside my box and the burning tools from the PC don’t see the device? what ever i try.

i did try every stock and custom firmware on this forum and the others but no luck, as you said i can’t boot with recovery img that why, but still how to flash the recovery img using the SD without having a bootloader in the box?

or how to boot the box then flash it using the SD card containing the img recovery knowing that the box don’t have bootloader?

the only way i can connect to the box is using putty and UART (COM) serial port.

do you think i can extract the stock img and flash the boot, recovery and system img without using USB bunring tools or amlogic buring tools?

When you talk about the ‘recovery’ img are you talking about a file called recovery.img or the whole Android firmware image?

When you tried the USB Burning Tool did you follow the guidance regarding the SECURE_BOOT_SET file?

@compent i am talking about the whole Android firmware image.

yes i did add the SECURE_BOOT_SET, the problem for me, is in the detection phase of the device not loading the rom inside burning tools.

OK, just wanted to be sure as it could get confusing by using the name recovery img.

I had this very problem last week after a failed CEMMC installation.

On boot, no A95X logo, just a blank screen and it was easily flashed.

And just to check further, were you using the correct USB port on the box and have you tried other USB ports on your PC?

There is also the possibility that the cable might be the issue as it is rather common for one to work and another not.