Amlogic Color Space / Depth information addon

great, thanks again!

I’ve just modified Xonfluence skin:

Here is the file if somebody needs it: DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml (30.8 KB)

1 Like

Why is “Pixel format” unknown ? When or with what formats is it known ?

For some reason kodi is not reporting it correctly. I’m using Player.Process(PixFormat) to get the value.
Here is slightly modified version but Pixel format is still not working:

DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml (30.8 KB)

“Player.Process(PixFormat)” is a builtin Kodi info label that returns the pixel format of the playing file and has nothing to do with the AMLogic Video Info

“Player.Process(PixFormat)” returns unknown when hardware acceleration is enabled on AMLogic platforms but works fine if you disable HW acceleration, it also works fine on other platforms.

The amlogic.displayinfo addon is designed to return information about the displaymode that is currently being output from the hardware and NOT information about the playing video file. The addon exposes 6 window properties that you can use:-

property value
amlogic.hdmitx.displaymode the resolution / frequency of the output mode
amlogic.hdmitx.colourdepth the bit depth of the mode
amlogic.hdmitx.colourspace Actually referred to as the chroma subsampling eg. yuv444
amlogic.hdmitx.colourrange full or limited (rgb 0-255 or rgb 16-235)
amlogic.hdmitx.eotf the Electro-Optical Transfer Function, basically SDR or HDR
amlogic.hdmitx.colourimetry the actual colour space of the mode BT601 for SD, BT709 for HD and BT2020 for UHD HDR

Thank you for clarifying.
Here is version without Pixel Format: DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml (30.1 KB)

I have the same observation. I dont know, why

• when choose YUV 422, bits are crazy in playerdebug (8bit,422 = 14-bit, 10bit,422 = 12-bit).
  • when choose rgb (8bit, 422 or 10bit, 422), bits are correct.
  • if I set 420 neverthless rgb/yuv, signal is not displayed at all.

CE-ng 9.2.5 -> Pioneer AVR -> BenQ projector.

Interestingly, CE Settings options regarding limit 8bit and 422 doesnt seems to have effect at all (dunno since when), CE starts always to the 10bit,444,YUV.

When I checked all my 4K content which is HDR10 and of course 10-bits depth it is displayed in “Color depth” as 8-bits.
For other content 1080p with 10-bits depth it is correctly displayed in “Color depth” as 10-bits.

The “Colour depth” value is NOT the colour bit depth of the video file, it is the colour depth of the resolution that your device is currently outputting.

For instance I use the CoreELEC setting “Use 4:2:2 colour subsampling” and when I play 4K HDR10 10-bit files the output mode and thus “Colour depth” for me is 12-bit.

With CoreELEC setting “Use 4:2:2 colour subsampling” I have blank/black screen on my Panasonic OLED TV when trying to play any 4K content.
Movie 1080p 10-bits plays correctly and is presented as 12-bits but also there is blank/black screen when I stop watching it.
It might be caused by GUI set to 3840 x 2160 50Hz.
I don’t remember why but that I had to set because of some issue caused by Xonfluence skin.
Anyway, not a big deal - when I’m starting watching 4K movie my OLED says it’s getting a signal 3840 x 2160 HDR (PQ)

hi,

I was struggling to get this working on Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO but I finally figured it out. My problem was that Aeon does not have an xml folder. Hopefully the below will help another Aeon Nox user:

copy the Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml found in the first post into the following folder:

\Addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\16x9

Restart and access PlayerProcessInfo.

Thanks to roidy and ukmark62 for the files!!!

1 Like

Just small tip: if you do some modifications in skin’s xml files you don’t need to restart your device, you need only to select another skin (for instance default one) and then select back your skin - now your skin is using modified versions of your xml files.

Does anyone knows why for some content video and audio bitrate is displayed:

and for some other it is only audio bitrate:

and for other no information about both:

I’m using both parameters in DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml:

<label fallback="1446">$INFO[Player.Process(videowidth),,x]$INFO[Player.Process(videoheight),, px]$INFO[Player.Process(videodar),$COMMA , AR]$INFO[Player.Process(videofps),$COMMA , FPS]$INFO[VideoPlayer.VideoBitrate,$COMMA , kb/s]</label>

<label fallback="1446">$INFO[Player.Process(audiodecoder)]$INFO[Player.Process(audiobitspersample),$COMMA , bit]$INFO[Player.Process(audiosamplerate),$COMMA , Hz]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioBitrate,$COMMA , kb/s]</label>

I have checked some files and:
Audio bitrate is displayed for DTS and AC3 but isn’t for True HD and EAC3
Video bitrate is displayed for old MPEG-4 but isn’t for x264 and x265.

Strange as all of those files are having of course Bit rate values for all streams: video and audio(s)

[Edit]
Kodi’s labels: VideoPlayer.VideoBitrate and VideoPlayer.AudioBitrate are removed in Kodi 17 and next releases:

Apparently if those labels display info for some type of streams is interesting “side effects” result.

Probably because you see results from different decoders output, SW on first pic vs HW on second…?

Nope, enabling / disabling HW decoding (AMLogic) makes no difference - the same result - for some type of content bitrate is displayed, for other not.

Hi

I use Kodi CE in other language than english and I can not see the “CPU Speed” info windows because in other language “CPU SPEED” its too long… Is there a tweak to show this info in english and not in the the selected Kodi’s CE default language ?

Thanks !

Hi,

I like the possibility to display the technical informations about media files very much. Does anything like this addon exists, but for audio files ? I would like to have the possibility to press the “o” button on a keyboard ( which is mapped to the @ button on my remote controller per default ) to have the technical information about audio files displayed in the same way this addon does for video files. I am using the Estuary skin and a S905X3 box.

Hello all
Thanks for this trick (Estuaridya) however when installed all Movies plays correctly but sometimes I get black screen when I stop watching it when returning to the Kodi Gui and I have to reboot CE
Is this a know issue ? (9.2.5/9.2.6 ng S905X3 4/32)
Thanks !

Hi just tried this on aeon nox silvo matrix but7 im missing the most important bits.

Do i need to edit the xml file for matrix?

I can confirm - all AMLogic Video Information is “Unknown” in Matrix.