Amlogic Color Space / Depth information addon

Because we patched hdmi code. Sorry but it will not be possible.

/sys/devices/virtual/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr has info about bit rate and depth, but it’s in one line, separated by commas…

hmmm. I hacked this for skin.confluence but it looks like it’s all jumbled at the top. Any thoughts?

@roidy I’ve pushed the required changes to the kernel. So this should start working with every new build for the N2 soon.

@KyleS
You have to change control type=“grouplist” to control type=“group” and also to adjust the left and top values.

@KyleS Sorry I don’t use Confluence and I’m not familiar with the code.

@cdu13a Good to hear, thank you :smiley:

After I will be back from vacation, I will try adapt this also for confluence. If someone doesnt do that already meanwhile :slight_smile: We could do PR for CE also for Confluence then :slight_smile:

Confluence is not part of the XBMC repo anymore, and is not pre-installed with Kodi.
I don’t really see how you can PR this CE-only change to the Confluence repo.

ah… good point :slight_smile: Anyway could try at least PR to confluence repo, even I dont know if there is a chance to merge something “only AML” specific…

It’s more then just AML Specific, it’s CoreELEC specific because it relies on improvements I made to the kernel that the other OS on amlogic hardware do not have.

Hi,
This tool interests me a lot. But, I’m not sure I understand the installation procedure?

1. I install this: script.amlogic.colorformat.zip
  2. I’m installing that: skin.estuary.amlogic.zip
    And it’s good ?

I am on this version: https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1555651433.tar

I’m not sure weather or not this is now included as default in CoreELEC, the script and skin changes where added a few days ago but may not have made it into this build yet.

You can easily check by just bringing up the PlayerProcess window during playback and see if the information is displayed.

If not then just install the script and skin and don’t forget to change to the new skin.

Thanks Roidie,
And you have to run the script after installing it, and then install the skin and apply it? Then, you just have to throw a movie and press the logo “i” (information)?

Because that’s what I did, but it does not work. Only the movie summary is displayed.

It’s included now

1 Like

No, just install the script, and the skin, no need to run the script the skin does that automatically.

No… You need to bring up the PlayerProcess window NOT the info window. If you have a keyboard connected then it’s the O key otherwise you’ll probably need to remap a button on your remote to the correct function which if you use Keymap Editor is:-

“Fullscreen Video” > “Other” > “Show codec info”

1 Like

@Ray thanks Ray, is that in devel-1555651433 or just versions after?

1 Like

Just perfect ! Thanks. It works nickel.

Ha damn, I did not know! thanks !
It should display an information page with the corrections, additions, and bugs remaining. (I hope I explain myself well, it’s not a request …)

In the Nightly’s, just press “o” and it shows all informations in the Estuary skin.

FYI: roidy wrote this addon :smiley: