Amlogic-no Discussion

In last nightly - still the same - with netflix addon hyperion.ng isn’t working. In kodi.log - nothing, in preview window on hyperion page- nothing.

As we are not the author of this addon and also we do not support third party software you will be on your own to tell us what is wrong.

By side it should not be possible to make any analysis without any provided log.

I have Hyperion running without issues.
I don’t have Netflix so I can’t test it. If it works with others why it should not work with Netflix?
Try clean fresh install.

Ok. I’ll try later. For now, in Kodi (also on Windows) there is a problem with playing strm files from libraries (reported, it is already better in test versions)

Netflix and Disneyplus are working

Yep, I’m seeing the same thing on some but not all h264 files the bottom 8 rows of pixels are repeated.

Hard to spot on a static image but very noticeable in motion.

@Atreyu, I sense subsequent posts about TvHeadend server have become heated but I have to tell you that I’ve seen the timeshift problem before on Matrix. I wish I could remember how I got round it but I did it without changes from the Coreelec team.

Now I tried timeshift with Tvheadend43 and it works fine.

Okay so after some more testing, no videos play.

So no live TV and my personal local movie collection won’t play either.

The only way it plays anything is if I turn off “Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec”. After I turn it off, videos play, but they’re in slow motion.

https://paste.coreelec.org/EiLHDF

Nice to read but you forgot to share a sample…

Sample how? It’s live tv. I have to record it, edit and upload it? It’s just mpeg2 video. The others are MKV.

They all play fine on NE.

… The log I uploaded didn’t help?

Thanks anyway. I know you have your hands full.

Look at video. Please watch until the end:

Will there be a “installtoemmc” option for the N2 in future versions?

You do have special image for N2: write it to eMMC and it will boot from there.

1 Like

This issue I noticed under ATV12 fw in homatics box, with the CE ne 21 nightlys.
The issue only the sd h264 files when hw decoding enabled. When use hw decoding HD and up, the issue not coming. Under Atv11 with same pendrive, same nightlys no issue.

For Odroid N2 users that use multiboot via SPI Petitboot, there is a new Petitboot version HERE that works with new CE21_no version. (It’s a http url, so you might have some certificate problems)
Tried it out and it boots CE_no from uSD card, CE_ng from USB stick and Android fromeMMC…

1 Like

The issue for me is on 1080p HD files, I have no Sd files to test.

I understand.
Had to resort to -ng because of time limitations.
My post was merely to point out an observation.
As this is now confirmed working for some, I tossed it aside as a glitch for now. Certainly not something that the ce team could do something about.
If and when I find out what the cause is I’ll be sure to report back. It’s just very weird,haven’t seen this before…

Thanks for your reply.
Such a weird glitch, I might get curious when I have more time and try and find out.

Hi @Portisch,
for our vdr plugin we use for buffer management

struct am_ioctl_parm_ex parm = { 0 };
               parm.cmd = AMSTREAM_GET_EX_VB_STATUS;
               ioctl(handle, AMSTREAM_IOC_GET_EX, (unsigned long)&parm);

This ioctl is no longer included in Kernel 5.15.78. But it was present in the 5.4 kernel. With Kernel 5.15.78 we get

kernel: amstream_do_ioctl error :fffffffffffffdfd, c02053c3

Can you tell me what the new ioctl is or which API to use now? Any chance to get a source of the 5.15.78 kernel?
Do you have a newer version of libamcodec? The above code is from codec_h_ioctl_get_ex

My box MECOOL M8S with s905x2 works fine, wifi doesn’t work.
This is a great thing, previous versions had problems.