Amlogic-no Discussion

Is it also broken now with Amlogic-ne CE-21?
It’s same change in DT. But maybe in the kernel config must be some fixed too.

I haven’t tested it with what. I’ll test it a little later

Everything works on Amlogic-ne CE-21
Device GT King ıı A311D2

no HD audio for me on vim4, i know not a coreelec problem, just khadas promised to get it fixed

I had time for another quick test last night - haven’t updated to the above yet.

I see the at the bottom a strip of 50 or so pixels with distortion (like a heat haze effect if I had to describe it!). Most things are playing ok/well, and look normal, so it took me a while to notice this at all as it’s only a small bit of the screen and easy to miss - but once I did I went and checked various things and they are all showing it (same files play back on same system/same settings without distortion using ng).

Ugoos X3 pro will boot into Coreelec NO with pin reset sd card method but when rebooted it goes into a bootloop showing amlogic splash screen then powering off and on continuosly.

Current kernel is almost same as 5.4 in Amlogic-ne, so no change. But we have a newer kernel where it’s told “it should work”, untested and not confirmed.

1 Like

Please share a short sample to check local here.

I uploaded a new nightly of Amlogic-no.
Some errors reported here are fixed:

• fixed t7 audio codec missing

Also auto update, if enabled is started today.

2 Likes

Really nice development, looks like my N2’s will last for a while more, great news.

I had a weird observation I would like to share.
I was building another tvheadend server.
Installed the ‘no’ version and installed tvheadend server 4.3

While configuring, timeshift functionality cannot be activated.

• go to config-> recordings → timeshift
  • active status will not be retained after saving.
  • settings will no longer be visible until you select another tab and switch back. Notice the active switch is off again.

I reverted to the omega ng version, which does not have this issue. Maybe reporting this oddity will help. Thanks.

No, add-ons and Kodi are 100% equal to Amlogic-ne CE-21

Yes,but kernels are not, and this is a very visible difference in behaviour while all other variables are the same. For tvheadend installs it seems that ‘no’ is not a candidate ATM if one values timeshift.

In last nightly - still the same - with netflix addon hyperion.ng isn’t working. In kodi.log - nothing, in preview window on hyperion page- nothing.

As we are not the author of this addon and also we do not support third party software you will be on your own to tell us what is wrong.

By side it should not be possible to make any analysis without any provided log.

I have Hyperion running without issues.
I don’t have Netflix so I can’t test it. If it works with others why it should not work with Netflix?
Try clean fresh install.

Ok. I’ll try later. For now, in Kodi (also on Windows) there is a problem with playing strm files from libraries (reported, it is already better in test versions)

Netflix and Disneyplus are working

Yep, I’m seeing the same thing on some but not all h264 files the bottom 8 rows of pixels are repeated.

Hard to spot on a static image but very noticeable in motion.

@Atreyu, I sense subsequent posts about TvHeadend server have become heated but I have to tell you that I’ve seen the timeshift problem before on Matrix. I wish I could remember how I got round it but I did it without changes from the Coreelec team.

Now I tried timeshift with Tvheadend43 and it works fine.