Amlogic-no Discussion

Okay so after some more testing, no videos play.

So no live TV and my personal local movie collection won’t play either.

The only way it plays anything is if I turn off “Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec”. After I turn it off, videos play, but they’re in slow motion.

https://paste.coreelec.org/EiLHDF

Nice to read but you forgot to share a sample…

Sample how? It’s live tv. I have to record it, edit and upload it? It’s just mpeg2 video. The others are MKV.

They all play fine on NE.

… The log I uploaded didn’t help?

Thanks anyway. I know you have your hands full.

Look at video. Please watch until the end:

Will there be a “installtoemmc” option for the N2 in future versions?

You do have special image for N2: write it to eMMC and it will boot from there.

1 Like

This issue I noticed under ATV12 fw in homatics box, with the CE ne 21 nightlys.
The issue only the sd h264 files when hw decoding enabled. When use hw decoding HD and up, the issue not coming. Under Atv11 with same pendrive, same nightlys no issue.

For Odroid N2 users that use multiboot via SPI Petitboot, there is a new Petitboot version HERE that works with new CE21_no version. (It’s a http url, so you might have some certificate problems)
Tried it out and it boots CE_no from uSD card, CE_ng from USB stick and Android fromeMMC…

1 Like

The issue for me is on 1080p HD files, I have no Sd files to test.

I understand.
Had to resort to -ng because of time limitations.
My post was merely to point out an observation.
As this is now confirmed working for some, I tossed it aside as a glitch for now. Certainly not something that the ce team could do something about.
If and when I find out what the cause is I’ll be sure to report back. It’s just very weird,haven’t seen this before…

Thanks for your reply.
Such a weird glitch, I might get curious when I have more time and try and find out.

Hi @Portisch,
for our vdr plugin we use for buffer management

struct am_ioctl_parm_ex parm = { 0 };
               parm.cmd = AMSTREAM_GET_EX_VB_STATUS;
               ioctl(handle, AMSTREAM_IOC_GET_EX, (unsigned long)&parm);

This ioctl is no longer included in Kernel 5.15.78. But it was present in the 5.4 kernel. With Kernel 5.15.78 we get

kernel: amstream_do_ioctl error :fffffffffffffdfd, c02053c3

Can you tell me what the new ioctl is or which API to use now? Any chance to get a source of the 5.15.78 kernel?
Do you have a newer version of libamcodec? The above code is from codec_h_ioctl_get_ex

My box MECOOL M8S with s905x2 works fine, wifi doesn’t work.
This is a great thing, previous versions had problems.

Not correct. It was changed in 5.4 but it’s same in 5.15. Fix your struct:

1 Like

I am having some issues with some…mkv files stuttering . I will investigate that further.
What I have found is that my remote works faultlessly with NO.
With NG its key press timing often plays up
Is it the same general remote file in both version’s? If not can I use NO remote file in NG and where is it hidden?
Thanks BAz

Beelink GT-king2 now uses a correct samplerate 44.1 for CD ripped flac files, well done!

1 Like

@Portisch It looks like there are currently no DVB drivers as add-on available for CE-no. Is this right and if yes, will crazycat add-on be available any time soon? I have a TBS5580 and this one is not detected (not in mainline kernel).
Thank you for all your efforts. CE-no looks great on my Radxa 2 and the SD-Card problem is solved with new kernel.
By the way: There are a log of debug kernel outputs when playing video…

1 Like

TBS 5520SE tuner works

Do I need an add-on for 5520 tuner and is the driver identical for 5580? The dropbox link in the CE-ne thread does not work any more…

Does CoreELEC work with ne 21 version?
No plugin is needed for 5520. I don’t know if the drivers for 5580 are the same

There are no more DVB drivers add-ons since Amlogic-ne. The drivers are stopped as kernel support enough.