Amlogic S905X2

Having new revision of X96 Max 4/32.
Coreelec is booted from USB3.
When I do reboot from Coreelec or Android - I get into Android system. When I plug power - I boot to Coreelec.

Is it possible to boot Coreelec from reboots, not only power on?

@elgatito, have you tried from SD card?

I don’t want to use sd-card, because the speed of sd-card reader is sometimes 10x times slower than USB3.

Class 10 card is more than enough for CE

Can someone please share with me if hyperion ng works with s905x2?if yes please share a guide for me to configure it…i am a newbie!thanks in advance…

Is it similar to this one?
[H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec]

I have tanix tx5 max and latest build has no wifi and bluetooth. What should i do?

Did earlier builds have wifi and bluetooth? If yes, we need to know in which build it stopped working.

I’m using this since 9.2.0 and i didn’t try any previous version. If you suggest an older version i can try.

Even i’ve tried latest 9.2.1 release today but nothing changed. My chipset is 6222B-SRB and rtl8822bs bt+wifi.

The 9.2.1 changes was only for GX* devices not G12*.

after update 9.2.1 s905x2 x96max isn’t upd gui resolution 3840x2160
what to do with the?

1 Like

I can’t find this file:( can you show exact path?

I find this file but I can’t understand what I need to remove?

I removed all string with resolution but this is don’t help… :frowning:
how fix it?

WTF fucking update…

Everything worked well, what the fuck did I start updating? :frowning:

Remove everything between <resolution> and </resolution>.

Don’t forget to stop kodi before editing file

systemctl stop kodi
1 Like

Well done. All thanks guys :+1::+1::+1: :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Good day to everybody! I have some issues with Ugoos X2 Pro: I didn’t get USB working, even power on the ports is absent. It works normally on Android, so it’s definitely not a hardware problem. Please help me to cope with this issue.

Edit: Some observations. USB works well right after toothpick method boot, and stop working right after the first reboot. The output of fw_printenv in both cases (before and after reboot) exactly the same.

Edit2: Just in case, here are the dmesg logs for both working and non-working USB boots (could it be related to the androidboot.rpmb_state=0 ?):
dmesg_bad.log (57.4 KB) dmesg_good.log (57.8 KB)

Does anybody have some thoughts? :disappointed_relieved:

hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected

I don’t see nothing related to usb issue from log… may be some gpios are different, but I don’t see conflicts also…
If I receive some additional info from Ugoos I will check it again.

@boot2k3, thanks for the answer! I will wait eagerly :slight_smile: But do you really think that gpios mismatch can cause such behavior: toothpick boot - USB works, regular boot - USB doesn’t work?

Right now I don’t have any idea. Need to check original dtb/dts first.