Amlogic S905X3, S905Y3, S905D3 thread

You’re correct, PCM is the most basic sampled digital version of an analog signal. I guess what I meant is that like analog audio PCM audio is an uncompressed signal versus the compressed audio signals of Dolby and DTS.

Not sure what you mean by compressed. But Dolby TrueHD is loseless audiocodec.

I meant compressed in the context of my reply to chandan7. The audio extractor that user is using only supports standard Dolby Digital and DTS codecs which are compressed. Obviously if you move up the Dolby and DTS food chains you get to TrueHD and DTS-HD MA which are uncompressed proprietary multi-channel audio codecs.

That’s easy, your extractor does not support LPCM.

somewhat old news but I got transpeed x3 plus a few months back when it was first appeared on amazon and it had 64gb emmc + 4gb + gigabit. I know it because I am using it running 9.2.3.95 at the moment without much issues.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coreelec on Tanix TX3 S905X3

I bought HK1 BOX (same as Vontar X3 maybe S905X3/4GB/64GB/Gigabit Ethernet/2.4GHz, 5GHz/Bluetooth), I installed CoreELEC and it works perfectly. But Power LED is strange. A brighter blue LED turns on when off, and a weaker red LED turns on during operation, which is the opposite behavior. How can I fix it?

I tried BL301 injection but no lucks…

1 Like

I have exactly the same question. It is really annoying and i don’t know if it consumes more electricity with the blue led on

@Jongwoo @manthes

Both please dump the Android dtb:
dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz

Then upload the dtb.img.gz here please with the name of the device from where the dump was made.

1 Like

@Portisch
HK1 BOX like @Jongwoo
I can’t upload here because i am a new member. I upload it to wetransfer

Copy this script to: /storage/.config/autostart.sh
(Or add the contents if you already have a autostart.sh)

autostart.sh (326 Bytes)

This script will change the sys_led logic from GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH to GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW.
After implement the script two reboots are needed to become active.
If CE get updated a additional reboot after the update is needed.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. It is working

Hi, Portisch. I have the same problem with the LED on my S905X3 device.

My box is Tictid TX6 Plus, very similar to HK1.
Unfortunately, the attached autostart.sh didn’t help.

So here’s my Android dtb: dtb.img.gz (199.0 KB)

Hope you can help me out.

Why you just not try this script?

It is working on all CE devices (Amlogic-ng).
CE default is GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH and the script change it to GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW. This is needed if the electrical gpio logic on the device is inverted.

1 Like

You’re right, Portisch. Silly me.

I didn’t notice the ‘two reboots needed’ part when I first followed your instructions. All is well now.

Thank you.

Hi 88keyz,
How do you get CoreElec on your Vontar X3?

Hello, I also have X96 max plus 4/32 1Gbit LAN.
The remote control doesn’t work for me, I’ve been trying now for two days. Can you please tell me which CoreElec version works well for you, which device_trees (sm1_ac213_4g from above?) and which remote.conf you are using?
thx

Offhand, I can’t remember which dtb I used, & I don’t know how to find out.
remote.txt (2.2 KB)

Change the file extension from txt to conf & copy to /storage/.config I use coreftp lite to do this, although I understand you can use file explorer, to go to configfiles. Perhaps your problem is a permissions issue.

1 Like

remote.conf works, great & thx

1 Like

As a possible tip, there are some programable buttons on my remote, I used the learn function from a Logitech, but if your TV remote works under CEC, you might be able to use that.
I got the video stop button, & TV volume to work.