Amlogic S905X3, S905Y3, S905D3 thread

Hello there Guys.

Despite I ordered an “MAGICSEE N5 Max 4K Android9.0 TV Box Amlogic S905X2 Dual WiFi 2+16G BT USB3 HDMI” I got a magicsee N5MAX S905X3 2+32G device (for the same price :D…). I have chosen this because I want to run coreelec. Sending back and waiting for the right one takes quite a long time - should I wait for X3 support for this or better send it back?

thanks,

I just received mine - VONTAIR X96 Air - 2G/16G version, offering to be a beta-tester :wink: CoreElec rulez!

Thanks for all the effort put into CE developement.

Kind regards

Mike

Might be trying to get rid of them .

I have an N5 Max and it does work at 1GBit the QC is not brilliant but after I changed the HDMI cable and swapped PSU it worked fine been using for a couple of months and it ok Wifi worked but I use on 1GB ethernet.
I suspect if the SOCs are very similar in price then they will just produce the X3 variant, why produce an X2 and X3 if there is only a $ Difference.

Exactly I cannot at least try it with coreelec - there is no 4+32GB image for it.

You won’t have to wait much longer, few more days :wink:

1 Like

YEEEEEAH :smiley:

thanks! I will not send the device back then :smiley:

That version dont have gigabit lan

• There are 3 Options for X96Air:

A: 2GB+16GB+2.4G Wifi+100M

B: 4GB+32GB+2.4G&5GHz Dual Wifi+BT4.1+1000M

C: 4GB+64GB+2.4G&5GHz Dual Wifi+BT4.1+1000M

There will be some recommend S905X3 box?

Khadas VIM3L.

1 Like

Good news then. Before the end of the year? Thank you

Only that? No “china_banggod_aliexpress” ?

Yes. The only recommendation for other S905X3 “china_banggod_aliexpress” boxes are to avoid them, at least if you want to use CoreELEC

I would suggest buying a device from one of our supporters as we work closely with these manufacturers and have a large range of hardware from them to test on for maximum compatibility.

I’ve got the X96 Air, went for the 4GB+32GB+2.4G&5GHz Dual Wifi+BT4.1+1000M variant, I couldn’t resist at $27 especially when they updated it to have gigabit network (I get 65mb/s transfer with android over lan). It seems to work well on Android but I can’t wait for that sweet sweet Coreelec.It also arrived in 5 days which is mad from China to the UK, I don’t think I’ve ever had something that quick. I know some people are against the generic devices, but I have at least 5 of my own (S805, S905X, S905W, S912) and have setup at least another 5 (s905x/s905w) boxes for friends and family and honestly never had any issues.

Will this support the direct dual boot without needing a micro sd card like the s905x2 boxes do.

Can somebody with one of these devices (S905X3) please install terminal emulator and do cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id and paste the output, thanks.

Night test this

X96 max plus 4g+32g box:
cat /proc/device-tree/amlogic-dt-id
sm1_ac213_4g

Magicsee N5 PLUS output:
sm1_ac213_4g

Beelink GT1-mini2:
sm1_ac213_4g