Amlogic S928X

Yes, but Ugoos not have any certification too, no L1 play ready drm, no Google, or NF cert. Therefore streaming apps will not work , so just maybe used for local content.
In 2023 one expensive player without that just wasted money.

Yes, but also the device that’s certified and runs all in Android video apps in full quality will have a bootloader locked so no CoreElec. If you want fully certified Android box, then obviously this Ugoos is not a best choice, but also you won’t get CE. If you want CE and don’t care about Android (like me) - then that’s a different story. You won’t get a device that’s fully certified and has all DRM keys with unlocked bootloader. So this conversation is pointless for me considering we’re talking in the CE forums.

1 Like

No, I have 3 type of homatics boxes, full certified, and run coreelec too.

That’s not correct. That was the case in the past but devices like the Homatics R 4k plus is certified and runs CoreELEC. It’s a S905X4-J. We expect the S928X-J to have more horsepower so for those that don’t need android apps the Ugoos is a nice choice too (not yet supported, we hope it will be in the near future)

Ok, my bad. I stand corrected. I thought that locked bootloader is still the case :grimacing:

1 Like

It depends on the device.

Youl never a find a one box does all,most people have atleast 2 box’s of some type,hopefully we will hear about N3 soon otherwise il pick up the ugoos,ive got my shield for apps

is coreelec will support DV for ugoos am8 amlogic s928x ?

Answer from Ugoos.
“Hello,
Not sure when AM8 will have dual boot ROM( Android +CoreElec ), we will check with CoreElec team regarding AM8 coreElec, but it usually needs time, thanks.
Dualboot needs to get support from CoreElec in the future, so please keep an eye in our website”

2 Likes

I think I will preorder this.

Homatics s950x4 have android and coreelec via usb

Hello, @Portisch
4 friends decided to buy Ugoos AM8 S928X-J and we buy the wholesale price.The price is 133 dollars. I can send the DTB file when the device reaches us.
Thanks

wow, that’s an amazing price! I paid 189$ for mine…

No need, it just arrived today!

We have also Tencent Aurora 5 Pro since a week what is already booting. But as like in the past we have no closed source blobs available to fully be able to use the S5, S928X, yet…

5 Likes

Customs and taxes are high in our country. As for our country, I can pay up to 50 %tax.

Tencent Aurora 5x box

Mod edit: If you are picky it is Tencent Aurora Box 5 Pro.

My wishlist for this box is gui performance like the vim 4 and true tv-led Dolby Vision.

The Android test image does boot within 20s to GUI.
It feels damn fast. We can’t say much as no Kodi GUI is available yet.

3 Likes

But the pro 5 is rockchip rk3588?corelec will never support it right?