Best device for Coreelec in 2022/2023

Hi,

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and apologize in advance for not being a technical expert. I have tried to inform myself as best I can in advance.

I’m currently using an Orbsmart S86 (Beelink clone with S922X) and use it together with CoreElec to play videos and audio from the LAN. So far, it works great and I have no problems.

Since I also take the box with me when I travel, I have set up a WireGuard VPN connection so that I can access my LAN while on the road and don’t have to take any additional SSDs with me. The connection works fine in principle, but the connection keeps stalling and I haven’t been able to localize the problem so far (see Link).

Now I would like to test the whole thing again on a different box with a different SoC, to maybe get to the bottom of the issue (but rather on a layman’s level, I’m not a programmer or anything like that)

But if I invest in another box, I would like to choose a newer generation so that I can look a little further into the future.

Although I have now read a lot in wikis, Wikipedia, forums and websites with tests, I am still not quite clear about the SoC generations, which is why I am turning to you here and asking for your kind support. This is what I have researched so far and I would like to know if this is correct and if I have overlooked a version.

=> I would only want to test boxes that are officially supported by CoreElec (CoreELEC - Device Trees).
=> In addition, I have noticed that many boxes are currently not available for purchase. This further limits the selection.

(Currently: S86 with hexa-core CPU AML S922X)

According to my research, I consider these boxes to be an improvement:

AML S922X-H, e.g. Beelink GT-King Pro
AML S922X-J, e.g. Ugoos AM6 Plus
AML A311D2, e.g. Beelink GT-King II
AML S928X, e.g. Ugoos AM8
AML S905X4, e.g. Ugoos AM7 or DuneBox
AML S905Y4, e.g. BuzzTV HD5

=> but according to my research, none of them are (almost) available in Germany or Europe?

The question: Do these boxes provide any significant improvement at all? And if so, does anyone have any tips on where I can buy them?

And: Have I overlooked anything? Are there other SoC that I should consider?

Thank you very much,
SHC