Bl301 injection, problems, help,

nop, the estable version. https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/releases/download/19.0-Matrix/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.0-Matrix-Generic.img.gz

Your bootloader is from 2016.
Please search a image with Android 7.

For M9C Max there is only Android 6.0.1
A custom ROM would serve as atvx?

Yes, I use ATV Experience v4 so you can dual boot (I only preserved the bootloader and installed CE 19 on nand with ceemmc -x). It’s a ATV Pie iteration. Also, “universal Aidan’s custom ROM”, 7.1.2 worked for this box.

Great. Could you share the bootloader you are using …?

Try here:ATV Exp 4 register and burn the rom with AML tools.
Or you can try this ATV 7 for 905X.

Both bootloaders are ok for -ng CE

I don’t now how to share my bootloader from the nand. If somebody knows how to I could try to get it for you.

Does new CoreELEC 9.2.7 support BL301 on old 912 devices?

No, and it will not be possible for gxbb and gxm devices.

Thank you, I imagined it but I was hoping for it …
a few months ago I booted into android and I am no longer able to repeat the procedure to load the boot.ini which was well explained on the CoreElec / uboot wiki which unfortunately has been lost

Yes, that wiki was lost unfortunately. And unfortunately gxm and gxbb will have to stay in 3.14. as. We always said any help is appreciated and if someone can offer some solution all PR’s are welcome!

Hello, I would like to ask you, to add an installation for Mecool KIII Pro. For the older version the installation was, now unfortunately it is not (but it is still for older device, so maybe they just forgot?). Or please where can I ask? I am sorry for my bad English.

Your device is GXM S912 and not supported by injection.

I already solved, thanks

You’re welcome! Can you tell us how did you do it? Which method did you try? Card, shorting pins, AML flashing tools?

To update the bootloader of the Bqeel M9C Max box (S905x_2 / 16) (gxl_p212_2g.dtb) and be able to use bl301-injection; I flash atvX_p212_Oreo with aml-linux-usb-burn putting the box in amlogic mode by cutting pin # 30 of the Nand memory footprint.
Then I had problems when I wanted to use ceemmc -xv, it gave me an error for not finding the dtb partitions and there if I had to put atvXperience_v4_S905X_RT_BCM.
I also ran into the [usb_download] problem (Bqeel M9C Max - USB OTG port not working) but I was able to solve it without problems. Thanks to this great community.

1 Like

@Portisch I have a question: which software component is in charge to load the bl301 with config.txt settings (namely the remotewakeup code)? Is it the kernel, or some user space application?

The user data is injected by the tool inject_bl301 itself as it maybe require decrypt/encrypt of the bootloader blobs. It get checked on every boot if the checksum of the blob is changed. If yes do automatic a new injection.

Hi guys, I’ve done an inject_bl301 on my X96 (S905X) running 19.1-Matrix_rc4 with Aidan’s Android TV 7.1.2 bootloader. I wanted to be able to turn on the box by CEC and use CEC also on other HDMI sources.

That’s all working now but a new problem has come up: the USB ports will not power off when the box shuts down so my USB amplifier doesn’t turn off. I’ve tried setting usbpower=0 on config.ini but no change, I guess that’s not supported on my box.

Is there any other way to power off the USB ports? I guess it should be possible as it is with the other bootloader. Thanks for any help.

Pay attention to this usb issues

But I am not sure anymore if this apply for GXL. Maybe only for newer devices.