Bl301 injection, problems, help,

All about BL301 injection!

How-to:

Just feel free to post here question or problems in this thread!

I move all user request, questions or other informations to this thread too!

2 Likes

Hi, it seems that N5 Max bootloader is not too friendly, the BL301 injection doesnt work with it, yesterday @anon88919003 says something about poor bootloader coded by the brand… N5 Max doesnt obey to the injection… well, I think I am doing all on right way… somebody could confirm my unsuccess on inject BL301 ??? thank you!

Try tomorrow the next nightly. There are changes almost every day now to finish the bl301 implementation. Like I currently working on automatic update of the bl301 if the user is using it. A backup of the original bootloader will also be done. This is not a must have as you can restore the bootloader by a update with the vendor Android image.
And post the output of the tool for debug!
No log, no error!

1 Like

Hi @Portisch !!

BL301 injection completed. I modified the file config.ini with 3 codes, and it doesnt power on the box… Magicsee N5 Max… here the messages of injection and a dmesg to see whats up with the non working power off/ON button

injection BL301:
https://pastebin.com/s9Gs3ikb

config.ini:
https://pastebin.com/L1uPXK6S

dmesg:
https://pastebin.com/PgGnqAv3

thank you,
Regards

you need to remove # before required strings

1 Like

WTF!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream::joy::joy::joy::joy:

thank you!!!

I think you forgot to execute command mount -o remount,rw /flash before changes in config.ini :wink:
or just forgot to remove #
And lines that doesn’t contain values should be commented (1st line in your file above)

1 Like

first line doesnt appear as commented for a copy/paste error, I think magicsee N5 dont catch this, if someboby achieve it, please, comment it, thank you

Use this guide for the IR wake up:

1 Like

yes it has been done this way, I will repeat, and I can put here the screens step by step but I think it is rightly done… So if somebody has achieved it on a magicsee N5 Max, please, comment it, beacause I dont know if I am doing something wrong… thank you

Show us how you run a ir-keytable -u and then the new config.ini. Otherwise we can’t tell you what’s wrong.

1 Like

ok thanks @Portisch
this is what I do to get the key code, same power off button:

root@192.168.1.105’s password:
##############################################

CoreELEC

https://coreelec.org

##############################################

CoreELEC (official): nightly_20190814 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # systemctl stop kodi
CoreELEC:~ # systemctl stop eventlircd
CoreELEC:~ # ir-keytable -u
Protocols changed to irmp
Waiting for IRMP decode event. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.
Received IRMP code: remotewakeup=‘0xbf40fe01’, decode_type=‘0x0’, remotewakeupmask=‘0xffffffff’
^C
CoreELEC:~ # mount -o rw,remount /flash
CoreELEC:~ # nano /flash/config.ini

here the full config.ini

thanks a lot for your efforts and to be patient,
Regards,
David

Looks ok, please run this command in a SSH connection and post the output:
fw_printenv bootfromsd

1 Like

hi @Portisch !

here the info:

CoreELEC (official): nightly_20190814 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # fw_printenv bootfromsd
bootfromsd=mmcinfo; if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then run sddtb; setenv bootargs ${bootargs} bootfromsd; bootm; fi

Regards,
David

Thanks, now I see the problem! The autoscript is not getting updated. I know this issue already but there is no fix yet. Please try this:
fw_setenv upgrade_step 3
And then reboot.
After reboot you can try the IR wake up again!
Also please post again after reboot the result of:
fw_printenv bootfromsd
Thx!

1 Like

hi ! good morning! You mean with ‘try the IR wake up again’ to repeat with this?

systemctl stop kodi

systemctl stop eventlircd

ir-keytable -u

mount -o rw,remount /flash

nano /flash/config.ini

Or you mean to push the wake up button on de IR??

I have done the first, the process to map the wake up button to the IR, and the result after reboot → fw_printenv bootfromsd is:

CoreELEC (official): nightly_20190815 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # fw_printenv bootfromsd
bootfromsd=mmcinfo; run cfgloadmmc; if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then run sddtb; setenv bootargs ${bootargs} bootfromsd; bootm; fi

Thanks a lot, I hope we will be near to get success

Regards,
David

PD: Yeeeeeeessss!!! We have achieved it!!! well, you guide me on the success way, Thank you very much @Portisch !!! Hope This trial have been good for all to get working right more tvbox!!

It should work already :wink:
By the command fw_setenv upgrade_step 3 the bootloader got forced to reload the aml_autoscript.
And the ouput of fw_printenv bootfromsd shows the update: ...cfgloadmmc...
So since now you config.ini get loaded and IR wakeup should work now…

The forced update of the aml_autoscript will be tomorrow in the next nightly, thank you for testing it!

1 Like

Yes I tried it and it works ok, thanks a lot!!! I had PD my previous message… jeje… really fun this challenge… thanks again

1 Like

Hello, I injected the script and configured the config.ini but I can’t wake up my X96 MAX with IR, any other ideas of what can I be missing? Thanks.

Run ce-debug in SSH connection and post the resulting http link.