Bl301 injection, problems, help,

Just fyi, we were asked to change that by Team Kodi. And the information about changing splash is all over the forum. And finally our main concern is the fully loaded piracy devices that are sold everywhere.
We only exist because of our love for kodi, we don’t run away from it, we embrace it.
Just one more thing, leave the confrontational tone out of the forum please.

If I came across as confrontational, I apologise, that was never my intention. I was just making the point that end-users changing the splash screen is no worse than changing the Kodi logos.

As for “fully-loaded” boxes, I completely agree. It’s those boxes that have given Kodi a bad name and it’s probably why many of the mainstream services haven’t embraced it and developed their own addons. Some, Netflix for example, have actively blocked Kodi from including addons in the official repo. My guess would be that the reason for that is the association that people unfairly percieve between Kodi and piracy

so probably it was broken somewhere a long long time ago on my transpeed plus s905x3. i have two identical boxes running coreelec. one device can successfully inject bl301 and remove it. another box has the inject bl301 option under the coreelec settings menu already checked. if I try to restore the original bootloader, it does nothing and reverts back to checked state. I noticed that my /flash did not have any backup of the original bl. I was able to copy the bl from the other box that is working but even after copying the bl into /flash (after remounting it as rw), I still cannot inject bl301. at this point, it is really difficult to reflash the stock ROM into this box as I cannot find the stock firmware to begin with. any tips on how I may restore bl301 injection?

Edit. noticed that the bl301 backup in /flash uses the device serial # that’s different from the box that’s having the issue and so after changing the filename of the bl301 backup in /flash I was able to fix the issue. though, i advise doing this as the last resort as I was lucky to have two identical boxes and it seems bl301 backup can be used across the same device despite having different device serial #s.

Maybe your boxes have different rev. of SOC ?
What are the first four digits of the S/N?

2b0c. the restoration worked fine. I think I enabled bl301 injection a long time ago and then somehow lost the backup in /flash hence I could not revert back to the original state. Anyway, using the bl from the same box, I was able to revert to the original bl and then reinject bl301.

Unfortunately, it looks like CEC wake up isn’t even available and when I turn my TV while the device is in sleep mode, the device does not wake up. It goes to the sleep mode well when I turn my TV off via CEC.

EDIT: learned that I needed to enable wake up features from the CEC settings itself, not within CoreELEC configurator. Things seem to be generally working now.

I’ve setup a new SD Card for my X96 Air and can no longer power on the box with the remote. I’ve just updated the config.ini with the correct power code (taken off my old SD card backup), but after a few reboots and power offs it doesn’t seem to have taken? Any ideas? I’ve tried disabling the injection in the settings so I could reboot and turn it back on again to maybe force it to update, but it doesn’t seem to disable, I do continue on the warning but it stays enabled. Either way I have to keep pulling the power which isn’t ideal.
Any ideas? thanks

I have a TvBox HK1 amlogic S905x3 and with Emuelec 4.5, I have tried to put the Bl301 injection but when applying it it gives me an error that says segmentation fault. Could you help me, thanks.

Can inject also work on 905x4 boxes? I am getting this error. CE 20-NE

inject_bl301
Starting bootloader blob BL301 injection tool…

This tool can be used to update the bootloader
blob BL301 of the vendor bootloader on the internal
eMMC. This bootloader blob BL301 is customized by
Team CoreELEC to support all wake-up features like
CEC, Wake-On-LAN, IR, and GPIO wake-up from
suspend or power off state!

Device serial number: 320d020100000000090d320912205600
Using CPU type SC2 (32): S905Y4
Using binary type because of CoreELEC DT-ID: Generic
Using /dev/bootloader as bootloader partition

Did not find Amlogic image v2 header magic!
Found a valid Amlogic 2019 device fip header (0xA4200)

TOC ENTRY #0
UUID: 9766FD3D89BEE849AE5D78A140608213
Offset Address: 0x8000 (absolute: 0xAC200)
Size: 0x10260
Flags: 0x0
Old signature bl30s: 1A500102C337232C7FD4444B5CF038B7D400163476542F0E06256949C6EE57DE
No bl301 binary for ‘Generic’ CPU type ‘SC2’ is found…

Please visit https://discourse.coreelec.org for more information!
Failed to get BL30 blob file name!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Magicsee N5 Max, can not restore Android

Good afternoon, I would like to ask, because I have seen nothing about it in forums, if in the future, the BL301 will be compatible with S905X4.
I have just bought a Vontar X4 that has this processor S905X4 and Bl301 is not working :slight_smile:
If I can help with some testing, let me know. Thanks

I don’t think so, I don’t know any S905X4 device not encrypted.

1 Like

What do you need this bl301 injection for? Just curious because all works perfectly fine for me without it.

For example, with one of my TVs, the box cannot wake up when the TV is turned on without injection…

Can’t use the injection tool on my Am6 plus.

This is the error:

Starting bootloader blob BL301 injection tool...

This tool can be used to update the bootloader
blob BL301 of the vendor bootloader on the internal
eMMC. This bootloader blob BL301 is customized by
Team CoreELEC to support all wake-up features like
CEC, Wake-On-LAN, IR, and GPIO wake-up from
suspend or power off state!

Device serial number: 290b4000010a2000000731384e535650
Using CPU type G12B (29): S922X, A311D
Using binary type because of CoreELEC DT-ID: Generic
Using /dev/bootloader as bootloader partition
Did not find Amlogic image header magic! Error - exit!

And when I try to see options the tool seems to crash (it says core dumped) and none of the options like “-c” work.

[options]
 -b     define local bootloader blob BL301.bin
 -l     define local bootloader binary dump
 -d     upload the debug output to http://ix.io
 -s     define a system root path (needed for update.sh)
 -Y     auto confirm user interaction request
 -c     check if current system is compatible to run injection
 -i     check if BL301 is injected on current system
 -h     print this help
Aborted (core dumped)

It seems this user has got it working in 2020: Bl301 injection, problems, help, - #232 by Huit

So far I’ve tried using an older build of coreelec from 2020, same issue. And I tried downgrading Android to a build from 2020 but the lowest version I can flash was from 2021 (0.3.9.1), older images failed to flash.

Bootloader is encrypted, it will not work!

1 Like

Just found that out. It doesn’t seem like there is a solution.

I didn’t think to search for encryption since I didn’t know that was a thing. This is not mentioned on the wiki, or the top post. I only searched for my device.

The solution is to disable sleep on your box and disable cec power off functionality. These boxes use such a small amount of power when not doing anything that they can safely be left on permanently.

I made a patch for the bl301 to support RTC Wakeup for Boxes without a RTC.
Please find attached the patch and I hope this could find its way upstream.

Upps I can not upload files. Someone needs to enable it for me.

1 Like

https://docs.github.com/en/pull-requests/collaborating-with-pull-requests/proposing-changes-to-your-work-with-pull-requests/about-pull-requests

I have searched in the forums extensively but have not been able to find if devices with S905X4 (like Vontar X4 and clones) can be booted using an HDMI-CEC command.
I asked the same thing a long time ago with the Minix S912. Finally with the help of @Portisch and @bumerc i could install particular uboot and get this function.

Does anyone know if this option exists?