Bl301 injection, problems, help,

Thanks, that sorted it for me, it’ll be good when custom codes can be set via the interface as I’ve got friends who find using putty a bit too technical.

I’ve read that in last nighly build was added support to GXL/GXM into inject_bl301 project. This mean that, can it be installed on S912/S905 boards like Minix U9-H?

Thanks.

The tool inject_bl301 is supporting now Amlogic V2 bootloader encryption what is used for GX* boards. Sometimes it’s also used for G12* boards.

The bl301 blobs itself are not finished yet. Also the implementation of Amlogic-ng on GXL/GXM isn’t finished yet.

2 Likes

So, until blobs are not finished cannot be used in gxl/glm boards?

Is there intention to finish inject_bl301 for old boards eventually? If so, many thanks!

Using this bootloader patch on Beelink GT1 Mini w/firmware build: 004P0 (Is latest firmware package to date for this device);

Under CoreELEC

Powering Off: Yes, TV-Yes ( Using rc_keymaps )
Powering On: Yes, TV-Yes

Now Under eMMC ( Android Pie )

Powering Off: Yes
Powering On: No ( so this is broke after the patching. )

1 Like

I do hope so. I have a S912 box that really could use this!

Here I’m having this exact issue with the X96 Air (S905X3). Rebooting to Android from within CE, then shutting down the box with the remote. The remote won’t turn it on again, it needs to be unplugged and plugged in again. CE on and off works fine without any Android.

This is no issue, If you prefer to use Android don’t do a bl301 injection and use the wake up features hardcoded by the vendor.

If you prefer CE you can do a bl301 injection as the wake up features are handled by the CE kernel.

The problem is that on the generic blobs aren’t any IR wake up codes defined (hardcoded).
I can not set default wake up codes as maybe on another setup some other button on the IR remote control will wake up the device.

Well it’s good to know the behaviour is expected. It’s not a big deal for me, but for others that often use both Android and CE, it may be.

I just got an idea how to fix this issue, but I will need some time to implement this…

3 Likes

Good news. Take your time, there’s no rush :slight_smile:

Always good to see others trying to improve beyond the limits. :wink:

I’m already to test it! Just waiting for it, still waiting for it. Soon there yet? heh

Made new topic on issue with waking up my Beelink after it suspends… Beelink GT1 Mini & CoreELEC, Waking up after Suspended

Thinking I should have just posted that information here, since It’s most likely the Bl301 Injection.

I have here a test version for this “doesn’t work on Android, works on CE” issue.
If the bl301 got injected it will be checked now every boot if something changed in config.ini.
If yes, the blob is updated and the device reboot once to refresh the status.

I don’t have a “generic” device here and can’t finish testing as the Khadas devices do have a extra external IR decoder MCU for handling suspend/power off. I will continue tomorrow with another device.

Right now these parameters are supported and should work after a power off from Android too:

remotewakeup
decode_type
remotewakeupmask
usbpower
wol

So setup your config.ini for your wake up config, reboot the device once and then enter Android and power off the device then. Then it should be possible to wake up the device by your IR wake up code.

https://test.coreelec.org/Portisch/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-devel-1579187354.tar

1 Like

Will test it shortly and report back. Thanks Portisch! :slight_smile:

CoreELEC:/var/media/sda1-usb-USB_DISK_2.0_1I9/bootloader # sh update.sh
Updating device tree from /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb...
Updating device_trees folder...
Updating aml_autoscript...
Updating cfgload...
update.sh: line 159: /usr/sbin/check-bl301: not found
remote-toggle: /meson-ir/ enabled in device tree...

checkbl301 for the latest Nightly build, so I’ve updated the update.sh script and ran it again. It didn’t run the injection automatically so I just done that through the CoreELEC. Testing now.

Tested it… But under Android, I power it off… Cannot get it to wake up, no Power LED comes on. It’s probably something wrong I’ve done, let me know what that might be. Thanks :slight_smile:

I don’t know, maybe Android is powering off the SoC completely and this may the reason why khadas have a extra MCU for wake up.