Bypass disp_cap in the GUI?

There’s panels out there that don’t actively advertise modes like 1080p/120hz but they’re actually more than capable.

Think we can mainline something like this in CoreELEC?

You should be able to do that. I used the following method on LE7, but I haven’t tried it on CE.
cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap
This will create a copy of the disp_cap in your Configfiles folder.
Use Notepad++ (or edit from SSH) to edit that file and add the resolution/refresh rates you want, according to the format.
Then:
*edit* see post below.
This will tie the disp_cap you created to the one in amhdmitx folder, and Kodi will use that for its resolution list.
Then reboot.

Edit: Now I see that you linked to my own post :slight_smile: I think that it’s a very niche request, I don’t really see the point of 120Hz from a TV box. It does nothing for video, and I doubt it’ll do anything for the GUI, since it’s already plenty smooth at 60Hz. I’m not even sure if the hardware will even support this refresh rate.

You don’t need to mount/bind anything.

Kodi always looks in /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap first, if it doesn’t exist then it will look in /sys/class/…

Just doing cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap > /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap and then editing /storage/.kodi/userdata/disp_cap is sufficient.

2 Likes