Cd ripper problem

Hello ,i have a problem with the audio cd ripper ( i use external cd rom /usb with power adapter).
When i rip audio cd i Can see the ripper process in the right corner …i see artiste, album name,song name …but at the end in the folder is written : various - album name,every song have the god titel name…the artiste name is not written , its written : various , so i can ripp music cd but the scruper dont show the album in music section , After renaming the “various” with artiste name this change nothing ,the scrapers dont find it …( tested with different albums …there must be a bug in the software …Last build 19.5

Music Data TrackNumber DiscNumber Artist Title Album Genre Year FileName Duration Date Rating File Size User Rating
Mask Characters %N %S %A %T %B %G %Y %F %D %J %R %I %r

I start test some different things …
I instal Kodi on windows 10 laptop and connect my external cd player …for ripping cd and be shure that folder path system and metadata are ok
Settings for rip music cd : Rip wave Kodi folder…

The cd start to rip …and create in Rip wave kodi folder like this : Artiste name folder /Album name folder /titel , if there are somes albums from same artiste : artiste name folder / albums name folders / titel …

I have copy the complet Rip wave folder on external hard drive ~ 40 albums inside

Connected to Android box with CE 19.5/skin Estuary on emmc …i go in system/media/library/music - add music/browse/Root file systeme /media/ chose external hdd /open Rip wave kodi (i see the artiste folders ) i clic ok and ok again for create the music source …
Do you want to add from this source to your library ? I select settings / fetch additional information and art during scan is on .
Generic albums scraper - settings language FR
Artiste information - settings FR …
I clic ok and start scraper …
The source Rip wave kodi was created and i see the albums artiste names in right corner are scraping

I return to home screen in music / need to go in enter files section/ files/ Rip wave kodi for see the albums - no metadata just folders .

I go back in settings/media/library/music ,puch rip wave kodi folder again for scan item to library…no metadata , and no metadata if i go in artiste/ album …so the rip fonction from Kodi with the path folder system create from Kodi …are not recognize , something is wrong ,no album cover…??? :thinking::thinking:

Why are You doing such strange thing like CD ripping with KODI ?
There is a lot of free software to do this like exact audio copy(windows) there is also a lot of ripping tools running Linux or MacOS

Coreelec/ Kodi have the rip music cd function ,and its a very cool feature ,rip in mp3/wave…you can also look DVD, normaly you can also open files burn on cd. (family pictures …that you have save on cd …) I need to test this ,Have a external cd/dvd player on a Android box with CE on emmc… is one of the basics from Kodi I like it, no need pc…

I rip all in wave ,sound quality is ok ,folder system, album name/song name…all are ok
So the question is why it not work ,normaly when rip cd it was ad directly in music with album cover…why when i export this folder to CE with external hdd …scraper …no album cover

I go test if rip a cd with CE on emmc (minix u22xj) work and if its ad directly to music /if the scraper found the album covers …

After this i try the same on CE 20 ne (New Era) on emmc (Beelink GT king 2)
For check bettween the systèms…

I test rip Shakira cd to external hdd with CE 9.5 emmc /minix u22xj ,i make the same ripper settings as with the laptop in Kodi…

The cd rip without problèm,i Can chose the correct artiste /album name …
The album is not added directly in music library.
After scan the folder with scraper it was ad in library i have a wallpaper Fanart but no album cover,
Tested with Universal album scraper and generic album scraper …

Same test with same cd Shakira on CE 20 NE / Beelink GT king 2
The external CD player is not working with CE 20 NE …when i close the cd player with the Shakira cd nothing apears on the screen
I try reboot with the cd player …the box start ,but coreelec not start , blocked on Beelink screen
I put of /put in power adapter, coreelec start…the cd player not work…

We’re going to need some system logs. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.