CE-NG Dolby Vision (+FEL) for DV-licensed SOCs (s905x2, s922x/z, s905x4)

Depends about which device are you “hoping”, because FEL support already exists in Android for AM6B+ boxes.

Mine works fine from the usb3 pendrive. 90% of the speed of ugoos.
But I use ir mode of the remote, added one IR receiver diode earlier.

update ATV11 firmware arrived for G1 and add HDR Adaptive

1 Like

Wow !!!
Will have to check after work project

wow!good news.

As an Android TV device it doesn’t come close to a Shield (Shield that in my opinion doesn’t come close to an Apple TV for streaming) and as a media player it doesn’t come close to the amb6+ but, people seem to love the idea of having just one average device over two good ones.

1 Like

interested to know what it lacks compare to the xmb6+?

So I managed to install the NG version on my Dune Homatics with P7 FEL working and everything.

However, I would like to have the opportunity to boot back to Android sometimes, but the Reboot to eMMC option is missing from the Power menu (default Estuary skin). Is there any way to add this?

1 Like

yeah, download the Aeon Nox: Silvo skin and you get the “Reboot to Android”

When the installation fine, must be there. But wait for the next nightly, will be the correct dtb updated.

I was going to ask you, what have you been smoking. I just took a look and you are correct, the boot to eMMC IS missing. I never noticed it. :slight_smile:

The Kinhank G1 emmc supports HS400.

The Homatics/Dune HD also supports HS400.

3 Likes

what about Homatics Box R 4K+ ?

The answer should be yes.

so I can activate it in settings now and reboot? :slight_smile:

Is it okay to use HS400 mode when doing the hybrid storage model where part lives on the external media and storage lives on the emmc?

I just did it and it rebooted back to CE no problems.

Is it faster now? How does it compare to the Ugoos AM6?

boot time same, I haven’t completely setup my box, only running PM4K atm in case I need to start over again if we get new dtb (or if it’s ok to just update to new nightly? what about CPM version?) but atm it’s pretty smooth consider I paid 70 euro for it today, I still think AM6B+ is better for power/performance so I might keep it as backup or for future cinema room where I don’t need to boot to Android TV/Chromecast support.

1 Like

You should be able to copy the new dtb without having to redo everything. @Portisch or @vpeter might have more insight.

1 Like