CE-NG Dolby Vision (+FEL) for DV-licensed SOCs (s905x2, s922x/z, s905x4)

The config.ini setting ( coreelec='quiet toram disk=FOLDER=/dev/data') is instructing CE to mount the eMMC for /storage instead of USB. Unless that config.ini setting is modified, you don’t have to do anything special.

DTBs can still be updated by copying them to the /flash partition. Updates can be done normally through the regular update process.

I did a completely fresh install on USB using CE Official 2.1.1 (CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.1.1-Omega-Generic.img.gz) and the Reboot to eMMC option is not there.

You need to wait for tomorrow’s nightly when official support for these devices will be added.

1 Like

the sale ended and price to ship to USA has increased to $65
but I think it’s a glitch and the price to ship to UK is coming up as $56 for me

not seen it this cheap
if your from UK grab yourself a bargain

Yes, but unfortunately it is only Android 9 and quite dated now.

FEL works with bugs on CCwGTV so the functionality is definitely there on newer AndroidTV releases. Is there a way to override the dovi.ko file that ships with AndroidOS to enable FEL without CE at all?

Sabrina is still using kernel 4.9 in ATV12. The s905x4 is unique among AML SOCs, normally SOCs keep the same kernel even with Android version updates

Initial inspection of the bootloader included with the recent ota update to the Kinhank G1 indicates that the device has been significantly locked down. It may no longer be able to boot from USB in order to run CE. Owners of this device that haven’t installed the ota update yet may wish to consider waiting for confirmation before installing the ota.

2 Likes

my kinhank g1 updated!can’t boot CE now.

2 Likes

not sure if this has anything to do with it but someone messaged them on facebook like 6 hours before they sent OTA asking about Gig Ethernet , not sure what they wrote but I thought they would tell them about the developments from here and that the box will sell like hotcakes if they fixed Gig Ethernet and miraculously they sent an OTA like 6 hours later? what are the chances?
what if they realised the ramifications of keeping it unlocked. I don’t see a reason why they would want to lock it now.
this is so saddening

not booy from usb & sdcard ?

yes,and when you updated kinhank G1 and reset it,the developer will be password locked.I don’t know what the password is now

Not likely, Kinhank isn’t the one creating or maintaining the ATV firmware for the G1, and firmware changes take time, as well as more time to get through the google OTA process.

The timing of DV FEL and the lockdown are a coincidence.

2 Likes

thanks, :frowning:

@Zuma Kinhank G1 can’t boot CE from usb & sdcard,And the developer had password lock.

I went to enable adb debugging on Kinhank G1 after booting the new firmware and no CE and it is asking for a password like this Imgur: The magic of the Internet

What a brick this has become.

Keep it, when I get it I will guide everyone to downgrade to run CE

2 Likes

I think you should talk to them directly on their Facebook page, this action of them locking the device will not help in increasing the device sales.

to get the certification maybe they had to lock. but It’s obvious they would sell much more now with having it unlocked. maybe someone should get in contact

You can contact kinhank and provide them the S/N, they will provide the password

Does this reenable support for COREelec?